• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual selection and evolution - not so random

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Tell me again........ what is your definition of 'random', please.

Mine? Just a sec....
Random..... occurring without method or planning.

haphazard, arbitrary, indiscriminate, sporadic,casual, unsystematic, disorganised, accidental.

. . . which is the reason the timing only of individual mutations is random. and the natural processes of evolution are not random.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I demonstrated that to swap one “belief” for another, when there was nothing of substance to confirm even its first premise, would mean giving up what God provides for me personally, compared to what science provides for you.....it’s a no brainer. I have no use for your empty suggestions and useless assertions.....they have no appeal for me whatsoever because you cannot prove a thing you say regarding our existence here. Do you comprehend that?

You demonstrated nothing at all. Bare assertions aren't demonstrations.

You simply literally stated that you are to invested in your fundamentalist beliefs that you won't let go of those beliefs no matter what.

A reminder of your statements, emphasis mine:

In order to accept that evolution is true, I have to give up all that belief in God entails.....it involves my past, (where I came from) my present (what God is doing right now in this horrible world to keep my head above water) and more importantly, my future, (what he is offering faithful ones...a solution that will last forever). There is a reason for everything and the Bible supplies all the reasons.....science gives me no reasons at all...and no future to speak of. It is devoid of everything that I need.

God offers me what science never can....and never will. To swap one for the other would be spiritual suicide......there is no way.

You are literally saying that "there is no way" that you'ld ever allow science to contradict your god beliefs.
That's dogma. That's intellectual dishonesty. That's deciding in advance that you won't change your mind no matter what.

There's no point in presenting evidence for anything to a mind like that. Because you have already decided what you are going to believe, and state up front that nothing will ever change your mind. That includes evidence that might prove you wrong. You don't care. You have your beliefs and you'll be sticking to them no matter what. "there is no way".