• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Activities

DreamQuickBook

true blood said:
Have you ever had sex? If you're a virgin it's cool. But once you start having sex for the first time you'll begin to understand that there can be great responsibilities involved.

Gezzz. How did I miss this? I've been having lots of sex for a very long time, and being responsible is what allows it to be so much fun and so liberating. Sex is amoral. The only kind of bad sex is irresponsible sex and I don't think that this has anything to do with religion. I just think it is hysterical that it's the married people who have been with only one person for twenty years who are like, "hey! Sleeping around is immoral". Sounds to me like envy.

Apotheosis

I see nothing wrong with responsible sex, I doubt a divine being cares to much about your sex life, as long as it is between two consenting individuals.

DreamQuickBook

Apotheosis said:
I see nothing wrong with responsible sex, I doubt a divine being cares to much about your sex life, as long as it is between two consenting individuals.

Yes. I must admit. If I thought the gods were watching every time I made love, I would definetly try alot harder. But sometimes, you know, you just get lazy. :162:

As it is, I doubt they are paying any attention.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose said:
Gezzz. How did I miss this? I've been having lots of sex for a very long time, and being responsible is what allows it to be so much fun and so liberating. Sex is amoral. The only kind of bad sex is irresponsible sex and I don't think that this has anything to do with religion. I just think it is hysterical that it's the married people who have been with only one person for twenty years who are like, "hey! Sleeping around is immoral". Sounds to me like envy.
Envy ? come on; I hope you are joking......

When a couple first meet there is a 'chemistry' - as you well know; after marriage, and after a few years, the 'sex' itself, as just sex may diminish, but as it diminishes, there is a growth of a deeper love - and that deeper love grows more and more...........

It is that love (If not the wedding vows) that helps the partners to be faithful to each other.

I KNOW that since we have married, neither my wife nor I have cheated on each other- neither of us could do so - because of the bond that has grown ourt of the relationship...

And yes, it is that bond, the very essense of what we feel for each other that is what makes us get over squabbles - even sometimes bad rows. Marriage is hard work - nothing comes easily in life. But if you are in a loving relationship, it is worth every minute of it.

I am not going to be judgemental about sex for the sake of sex, through lust - what others do is none of my business. I know what I do, in my relationship with my wife is the way it must be, and I hope for your sake, that you get to meet someone with whom you can have a similar (or even better, if you are an extremely lucky person).

I have never said "hey! Sleeping around is immoral" - I might have said that it is not, in my mind ideal, but I can assure you that if I was judgemental, it would have absolutely nothing to do with envy of what you feel you get out of your sexual prowess, and your obvious pride in being so well blessed as being able to find as many partners as you wish...........................

By the way, my wife and I have been married 29 years this November - and though we have our rough patches from time to time - we wouldn't want to be seperated.

I hope one day, you get the joy of that kind of relationship - there really is nothing to beat it.:)