• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Activities

Sabio

Jocose Satan said:
No. I don't need that. I'd much rather have sex with many women and eventually settle down with the one I get along with the best. I do what is in my nature to do and really, lol, enjoy doing it. :D

Also, I don't need anyone to be "mine". I don't need to own anyone.

Supressing your own sexual instincts is for you? To act against your own nature is for you? I just don't see that.
Be careful, a promiscuous lifestyle carries high risk of health problems...

Sabio

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
Supressing your own sexual instincts is for you? To act against your own nature is for you? I just don't see that.
what if my own sexual instincts were to have sex w/ my siblings?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
No. I don't need that. I'd much rather have sex with many women and eventually settle down with the one I get along with the best. I do what is in my nature to do and really, lol, enjoy doing it. :D
sounds like a good a plan as any:)

DreamQuickBook

jewscout said:
what if my own sexual instincts were to have sex w/ my siblings?

Well, there are laws against it. So, either, obey the law, or break the law and accept the consequences.

Sabio said:
Be careful, a promiscuous lifestyle carries high risk of health problems...

Sabio

Oh, don't worry. I am very, very careful. Freedom comes with a great deal of responsibility. People who are free to do as they wish that cannot take responsibility for thier actions and who lack the foresight to be responsible, suffer a great deal.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
Well, there are laws against it. So, either, obey the law, or break the law and accept the consequences.
there are laws prohibiting incestious marriage...but just sex...i wasn't aware was against the law

besides if we are not going to follow one set of rules why follow another? They are just respective of a region's given cultural norms...i could go to another part of the world and could get away with it.

DreamQuickBook

jewscout said:
there are laws prohibiting incestious marriage...but just sex...i wasn't aware was against the law

besides if we are not going to follow one set of rules why follow another? They are just respective of a region's given cultural norms...i could go to another part of the world and could get away with it.

Right, but the reason why we don't have sex with people we are related to is because of the risks to the potencial children. Other than that, what logical reason do we have to dislike incest?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
Right, but the reason why we don't have sex with people we are related to is because of the risks to the potencial children.
yes but in the middle of sexual intercourse is that what you're really thinking about...

DreamQuickBook

jewscout said:
yes but in the middle of sexual intercourse is that what you're really thinking about...

lol At that point I am not "thinking" about much of anything at all. :) I'm just saying, there is nothing innately wrong with incest. The reason why it is prohibited is because of the negative consequences for the children. The same is true of things like drugs. There is nothing immoral about taking drugs, but they are unhealthy.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
lol At that point I am not "thinking" about much of anything at all. :) I'm just saying, there is nothing innately wrong with incest. The reason why it is prohibited is because of the negative consequences for the children. The same is true of things like drugs. There is nothing immoral about taking drugs, but they are unhealthy.
but, again, we are talking about what feels good, and as you have pointed out in the statement above, just because something feels good doesn't mean you should do it. We all have restraints of some sort based on what we see as being "good" or "bad". You, yourself, have stated that you restrain yourself by being responsible when you engage in sexual activity, when your "natural instincts" may be to go al natural.

For me, personally, HaShem has instructed on how i may become closer to Him through my actions and deeds, one of which is the sexual relations i choose to engage in. IMO G-d needs nothing, therefore it's not for Him that these guidelines are placed, but for me. For me i wasn't born a jew so many of these guidelines i did not have to accept but i did anyways.

look i'm not telling you how you should or shouldn't live your life, what i'm saying is that for me these are the guidlines i've chosen. I do not feel that they restrict me at all. In fact i feel free knowing that the only beings that control my life are myself and G-d.

DreamQuickBook

jewscout said:
look i'm not telling you how you should or shouldn't live your life, what i'm saying is that for me these are the guidlines i've chosen. I do not feel that they restrict me at all. In fact i feel free knowing that the only beings that control my life are myself and G-d.

:) I understand completely. In fact, I appeciate that Judaism, as a religion, doesn't try to force its' ideals on others. Very noble. I'm fine with people doing x or y because it is their religious tradition, if that is the reason. So long as it is not justified as being some divine, absolute moral truth for all.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose Satan said:
Without going into specifics; why is it that sexual activities have become such a significant feature of “morality”? It astounds me, and alarms me, how interested people are in the sexual activities of others. It also interests me; why are people so concerned?

What makes sex the subject of “moral judgment”?
The answer to the first part of your question:- why such a significance ? - because sex is part of the 'whole relationship' package we have with others - whenever we meet someone new, we make a judgement as to whether they look 'nice' or not - part of that is sexual.

Sex is important; it is the biggest driving force in our lives; it is the one ability we have to 'live on' - by having children. (O.K I know not all sex is about having children, but that is how it is, instinctively - in our subconscious).

As to the sexual activities of others, I personally could'nt give a fig - it's up to them. As long as they don't embarass me or others by doing anything sexual in public, what's the fuss about?

'Sex' isn't part of my moral judgement of other people - it's their own affair (Wrong word, but you know what I mean:D ). But hey, maybe I'm different from others.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Natural instinct,

As I noticed this is your first post on the forum, I thought I would like to welcome you;

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

Perhaps you could post on :-Are you new to ReligiousForums.com? , so as to introduce yourself to the members.

Hope you enjoy the forum!:)

The Black Whirlwind

Jocose Satan said:
to supress your own nature and aspire to something higher is the path of the strong. To give into your every desire is the path of the weak.

DreamQuickBook

TheJedi said:
to supress your own nature and aspire to something higher is the path of the strong. To give into your every desire is the path of the weak.

To suppress your own nature is the path of the idealist and the fool; people with over active imaginations who like to play make-believe instead of having the courage to face reality head on.

The Black Whirlwind

why is it foolish to suppress your own nature? Thats is a part of my religion. So if is supress my nature, i have an overactive imagination and too fearful to face reality? i dont understand your logic here.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose Satan said:
To suppress your own nature is the path of the idealist and the fool; people with over active imaginations who like to play make-believe instead of having the courage to face reality head on.
Is that your own quote, or is it someone elses ?- just asking, because I rather like it.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
TheJedi said:
why is it foolish to suppress your own nature? Thats is a part of my religion. So if is supress my nature, i have an overactive imagination and too fearful to face reality? i dont understand your logic here.
Sorry, The Jedi, why do you have to supress your own nature ? Can you explain what aspects?:)

The Black Whirlwind

well, its human nature to look out for yourself before others, to give into base passions and emotions, and to give into most desires. The Jedi looks out for others before themselves, strives to not give into passion and emotion (the jedi code stanza 1: there is no emotion. there is peace. jedi code stanza 3: there is no passion. there is serenity.), and does not give into desires if it hinders the common good. in those ways we supress our own nature. there are probabally more, but those are the ones i can think of.