• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Activities

DreamQuickBook

Without going into specifics; why is it that sexual activities have become such a significant feature of “morality”? It astounds me, and alarms me, how interested people are in the sexual activities of others. It also interests me; why are people so concerned?

What makes sex the subject of “moral judgment”?

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Many religions have strong views on sexuality. Catholicism and Homosexuality comes to mind.

I think the conflict comes from religious tolerance and social tolerance moving at different rates.

As a society, we are accepting transvestites, asexuals, sex changes, anal sex, orgies, masturbation, etc. more and more.

Religions of the world, however, are often sexist (think traditional Muslim), conservative, and prohibitive. They are certainly slower to keep up with the times.

What this results in is a spiteful conflict between modern day sex practicioners and conservative religious leaders. And that, my friend, is what I think makes sex so controversial in the religious world.

DreamQuickBook

KirbyFan101 said:
Religions of the world, however, are often sexist (think traditional Muslim), conservative, and prohibitive. They are certainly slower to keep up with the times.

I figure that people are, for the most part, weak willed and unskilled in the arts of sex. The one power women seem to have over most men is the power of sex and seduction. Men seem to have become, as a result of their susceptibility to seduction, puritanical in their approach. At least in public. No one approaches sex as the instinctual act of mating and act of pleasure. People have made it into something very, unnatural. Which explains why women go for men who are “jerks”, because “jerks” are still operating from their instincts. Women don’t go for the “nice guys”, at least, not when there is a real man around.

But what is so darn curious, is that every church in the world, from every religion, has a position on sex. I just find that odd.

If I ever started my own church, I would have too rules: Think before you act & be responsible. If you do so much, then what do I care what you do in your bedroom?

Sabio

Jocose Satan said:
Without going into specifics; why is it that sexual activities have become such a significant feature of “morality”? It astounds me, and alarms me, how interested people are in the sexual activities of others. It also interests me; why are people so concerned?

What makes sex the subject of “moral judgment”?
My interest is in following Jesus, and loving God, and I consider my body to be the "temple of the Holy Spirit", thus I cannot just make random decisions on how I use my body, for sex or any other activity, I have a set of guildines from the Bible (God's Word), the morality of God if you will, which I follow in obedience to Him. I do not have any interest in the sex lives of others, I am only interested in how I conduct my own sex life in a such a way that it honors God. When asked about my opinion on sex, I echo what is written in God's word, because that is what I believe. What you do in the bedroom is your own business, but what you preach in the streets I may take issue with and argue from God's word.

Sabio

jewscout

Religious Zionist
perhaps the emphasis on sexual practice is due to sex being one of the most intimate and intense of activities between 2 (or more:) ) humans.

DreamQuickBook

Kowalski said:
Hey Satan.

What's is a real man ?

K

If you have to ask, then you don't know.

Jewscout said:
perhaps the emphasis on sexual practice is due to sex being one of the most intimate and intense of activities between 2 (or more ) humans.

What does that have to do with religion?

DreamQuickBook

Kowalski said:
By thw way, I like having sex with women, does that make me a real man ?

K

Again, if you have to ask such silly questions, you make certain assumptions easier to make.

Oh, and enlighten yourself. It is not my job to teach you anything. :p

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
What does that have to do with religion?
well, at least for me anyways, my faith is a part of many facets of my life, why should sex be any different?

DreamQuickBook

jewscout said:
well, at least for me anyways, my faith is a part of many facets of my life, why should sex be any different?

Well, if everything is government by religion, then what decisions do you make for yourself? If we cannot at the very least be free to do as we wish sexually, then what ARE we free to do?

The obvious answer is nothing. People are not free. Their religions DO govern every single aspect of their lives.

So, why not have a religion of freedom, which accepts human nature, than one which rejects human nature? If you reject human nature, then you spend your entire life struggling against yourself. Where is the wisdom in that?

Sabio

Jocose Satan said:
Well, if everything is government by religion, then what decisions do you make for yourself? If we cannot at the very least be free to do as we wish sexually, then what ARE we free to do?

The obvious answer is nothing. People are not free. Their religions DO govern every single aspect of their lives.

So, why not have a religion of freedom, which accepts human nature, than one which rejects human nature? If you reject human nature, then you spend your entire life struggling against yourself. Where is the wisdom in that?
The difference being that we "choose" to live under the government or rules of a certain religion, I sacrifice my own will to that of Jesus (in my case). I am not forced to do this.

Sabio

DreamQuickBook

Sabio said:
The difference being that we "choose" to live under the government or rules of a certain religion, I sacrifice my own will to that of Jesus (in my case). I am not forced to do this.

Sabio

But why does Jesus care who you have sex with and how you have sex with them? Or when? And under what circumstances?

Sabio

Jocose Satan said:
But why does Jesus care who you have sex with and how you have sex with them? Or when? And under what circumstances?
I think his leading is to find the right wife or husband, because this is His plan which I willingly submit to. Then sex can be explored in total freedom between husand and wife, within the confines of the marriage covenant.

Come on Jocose, don't you want a woman to be yours and only yours, forever, somone that you can trust implicitly, and share the most intimate sexual moments with?

Sabio

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jocose Satan said:
i don't think you understand J.Satan, i make every choice, but i choose to follow the path of mitzvot and lead this life. I could just shuffel it off and do whatever it is i wanted to...i have that choice, nothing is stopping me.
but just because something feels good doesn't make it right...

DreamQuickBook

Sabio said:
Come on Jocose, don't you want a woman to be yours and only yours, forever, somone that you can trust implicitly, and share the most intimate sexual moments with?

Sabio

No. I don't need that. I'd much rather have sex with many women and eventually settle down with the one I get along with the best. I do what is in my nature to do and really, lol, enjoy doing it. :D

Also, I don't need anyone to be "mine". I don't need to own anyone.

Jewscout said:
He's not, these are not for Him but for us...

but that's just my personal opinion i could be wrong

Supressing your own sexual instincts is for you? To act against your own nature is for you? I just don't see that.