• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexism

Riders

My old guy friend Robert was 120 pounds obese at 300, he was diabetic, high blood pressure and had had heart failure.

He walked with a cane. I had lost 50 pounds of my own being on 5 or 6 small meals a day, low carb. So he was jealous of all the attention I was getting and started telling people he as losing weight even though he was pigging out on food beer and carbs.

He had to call EMS a few times to bring meds to get his blood sugar back up because it would be so high he had to take insulin then it would get so low he had to call the hospital.

But he got a lot of attention on him and all of a sudden because he was getting all this attention, people could see he really wasn't making any difference and would be all ooey-gooey sweet to him and encouraging and all this stuff then turn around and get ugly with me.

They thought I was responsible for keeping him on a diet and at a time when I was actually losing weight they accused me of eating wrong! OMG! It was hateful!

To me, it is all about sexism. If a man is big and ruining his health with sweets and desserts and alcohol, well he is a man! Men do this kind of stuff naturally! But it is ok for him to be big but not ok for me to be big, well it's the woman's place to get skinny and put him on a diet so hey I was the bad guy!

That is never gonna happen again! I don't mind dating a big man if he can get around and walk ok, but there's gonna be an understanding after I date him that more of his or my friends will be able to talk about us about our weight while we are together.

But I will say this. I did date a guy named Mitch for 5 months. He was 350 pounds but got around ok. He was shaving issues with being tired so he decided not to date me anymore. But that being said he would take me out to eat then home with him. No one ever said anything to us because he kept me to himself. That's fine if I date a big man and we are not socializing as I and Robert did, I have no issues with that.

But this will never happen again. My sister wanted me to date a 500-pound man twice. As far as that goes, I am not physically or mentally able to push someone around in a chair or be a caregiver as a girlfriend so.

I think it is sexist, I am at 285, but still walking around well, I have been walking around at home alot.

Riders

You may be walking around at 285 but it is not healthy.

I agree 100 percent. I have lost five pounds of late but not enough I'm trying to get back into low carb eating. The reason I mentioned 285 is that my sisters see me on the same level as a 5oo pound man because of their religion which is sexist. Of course, being that I am 285 means I'd be the last person they should marry. it's hard being 285 and I can not be a caregiver at this weight obviously.

But they see it as women should not enjoy sex men do and therefore women should date way beneath them in looks.

Riders

Here's what I think of my Sister's sexist belief about women not enjoying sex. Joan Jett singing about flirting with a 17-year-old guy t the jukebox that's what!

Go Joan Jett!

whirlingmerc

I agree 100 percent. I have lost five pounds of late but not enough I'm trying to get back into low carb eating. The reason I mentioned 285 is that my sisters see me on the same level as a 5oo pound man because of their religion which is sexist. Of course, being that I am 285 means I'd be the last person they should marry. it's hard being 285 and I can not be a caregiver at this weight obviously.

But they see it as women should not enjoy sex men do and therefore women should date way beneath them in looks.

Well I am about 200 and would like to lose 25,,, if you lost 5 lb you're doing great

Terry Sampson

Thanks for reminding me that, in this world turned upside down, there's a little place in Texas where things are still "normal". :D:D:D

Last edited:

Riders

Thanks for reminding me that, in this world turned upside down, there's still a little place in Texas where things are still "normal". :D:D:D

Older sisters fighting about who would be the right man for me?lMAO! Last night when I was teller her about David she said how old did you say he was 68? I said no 66, she said what kind if the disability does he have, how did he get crippled? I said he's not like Robert, does not walk with a cane, he's only about 20 to 25 pounds overweight he walks around pretty good.

After all, it was said she did say she was glad we found each other, so maybe she's a bit better on sexism but I take a mental note that she still expects me to bring home men like Robert 3 to 400 pounds and walking around crippled. To each his own.

Shaul

Premium Member
Obesity is a terrible thing. I pray you find health and prosperity.

Riders

But you notice how all of the negative attention and comments got brought to me, I got confronted on my obesity here. Its ok if your willing to say the same thing to my guy friend. I m starting a new program and feeling better already.

But the point of this post is that people would be very rude to me or confrontational like you were here, which is fine but turn right around and be sweet and totally different about my guy friends weight and alcoholic issues.

Americans are very sexist when it comes to men and health and alcohol and men and obesity and men. That's why I put this up here. I admit I have the issues, but this is about sexism. Truthfully I think the comments were off topics, this is not about me it's about men's health.

I personally don't see the people here who confronted me would be so direct and confrontational with men,oh it's natural for men to drink and be big and fat. I think you guys are sympathetic to men and not accepting of fat women, that's how I see it.