• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex Work Marches Towards Legality

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
I may very likely be missing something here
but is not the main problem with prostitution (of any gender) the one about them often having no rights, working for mafia-like organisations who possibly traffic them, pump them with drugs, take their documentation and most of their earnings and leave them with hardly any way to get out of their predicament even if they wanted to...?

Were legislation to protect them from this, then perhaps it’s worth considering, no?

Humbly
Hermit

Ps. I’m sorry but below comment is of particularly bad taste, I feel:

You know, there may well be worse things than sharing an orgasm with somebody, even if you don't love them.

One thing for sure though: you’re obviously not a prostitute.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
It fell within the boundaries of acceptable propriety of the thread.

Thank you, I realise that.

I think sometimes we exaggerate our thoughts when trying to make our point to someone who disagrees with us and that sometimes, what comes out is pretty tasteless.

However, posts that equate legal sex work to slavery & rape are
indeed objectionable. Still, if they believe it, they may say it.

Not that I did say anything like that previously, but I certainly was not aware of this very interesting ...eh, rule...?

Is that so that clients feel less like rapists or just in case someone’s a sex worker and worried that we’ll all try jump to their rescue, as if they were some sort of victim?

Did I just tastelessly attempt to get a point across...? Ooops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you, I realise that.

I think sometimes we exaggerate our thoughts when trying to make our point to someone who disagrees with us and that sometimes, what comes out is pretty tasteless.

Not that I did say anything like that previously, but I certainly was not aware of this very interesting ...eh, rule...?

Is that so that clients feel less like rapists or just in case someone’s a sex worker and worried that we’ll all try jump to their rescue, as if they were some sort of victim?

Did I just tastelessly attempt to get a point across...? Ooops.
I make up my own thread rules as things proceed.
Alas, no one ever feels constrained by them though.