• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex strike

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As far as "morality" and "purity" goes, anyone who believes that anal is a loophole needs to drop the pretense. It's still ****ing.
Though the video is very humorous there are Christians with that belief.

And then there is the southern statement that has more to do with extramarital affairs:

"Eatin' ain't cheatin'."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree, like if the Mother and Childs life is both in immediate danger, or rape/incest/molestation cases, etc.

What I don't believe is this notion that people cannot control themselves and have to have sex. It's a ridiculous and dangerous idea. If that was really the case rape would not be a thing.

People can control their sexual desires they just refuse to.
History tells us that you are wrong.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, like if the Mother and Childs life is both in immediate danger, or rape/imcest/molestation cases, etc.

What I don't believe is this notion that people cannot control themselves and have to have sex. It's a ridiculous and dangerous idea. If that was really the case rape would not be a thing.

And in a consensual relationship, they shouldn't *have* to. Well, except for not doing it in public (usually).

I see sex as a positive thing. Like most human activities, it has risks. Pregnancy is one of those risks, but it can be minimized.

The benefits of having sex, especially in a long-term relationship, are too many and varied to forgo for most people. The disadvantages of pregnancy should not be the barrier to having good sex.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The benefits of having sex, especially in a long-term relationship, are too many and varied to forgo for most people.

Have you tried to not have sex? Don't answer that it's none of anyone business here. The point is how do you know if you have never tried to practice discipline?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you tried to not have sex? Don't answer that it's none of anyone business here. The point is how do you know if you have never tried to practice discipline?

The discipline I practice is to make sure that the sex is good for my partner.

Remember, I consider sex to be a good thing with very few qualifications (which can be managed). I don't consider it dirty or, in itself, immoral.

So, no, I have not voluntarily gone for long periods of time without sex. But neither have I fasted for very long. I just don't see that type of discipline to be worthwhile for me.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, like if the Mother and Childs life is both in immediate danger, or rape/incest/molestation cases, etc.

Rape is not about sex. It is about anger, power, hatred and control.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I've been voluntarily celibate for years now and I'm waaay happier than I was when I was married. I chose this voluntarily, and keep this lifestyle because I really like it. However, I can't expect everyone to have the same tastes I have. Some may not be as happy as I am with it.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So, no, I have not voluntarily gone for long periods of time without sex. But neither have I fasted for very long. I just don't see that type of discipline to be worthwhile for me.

Then you certainly can't judge it.

I have walked both paths in my life. And know the pros and cons of each intimately.

Sex is important, but it should be handled responsibly. Discipline and control should be apart of that responsibilty imo.

Anyways no point in continuing any further here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Many don't like abortion. I don't like abortion, but I like the government getting involved even less. If abortion could be avoided as much as possible, nobody would care what the Republicans think.
I agree. I don't like it, but sometimes it is needed. And as can be shown by studies Planned Parenthood lowers the local abortion rate since they do provide education and materials so that people do not become pregnant in the first place.

The fact is that people are going to have sex. Trying to shame them does no good. Banning abortions only makes the abortions that are still going to be done much more hazardous. Emphasis on prevention is the best way to lower the abortion rate.