• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex strike

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on what, exactly, you mean by abstinence. Is oral sex abstinence? How about mutual masturbation?

It seems to be that demanding people be abstinent when they don't want to have children is irrational and a strategy doomed to failure. Sex is way too important as a binder in relationships. Yes, even those married people who don't want to have children.
I think that research I just made up indicates that 99% of people could not maintain strict abstinence for numerous reasons. The study also found that the other one percent were liars.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
And sorry, but not having sex, especially when in a relationship, is not an option. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else to say.

Meh your opinion will change on that after you've been married for over 5 years. Sex becomes less and less important as a relationship matures.

Enoch07

Premium Member
If you aren't discussing the possible consequences, then you aren't ready to have sex.

I chose sterilization because I don't want to reproduce, don't want to give up the benefits of sex, and don't want to worry about someone else sticking me with child support.

Hey sterilization is fine. That's your choice.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It seems to be that demanding people be abstinent when they don't want to have children is irrational and a strategy doomed to failure.

I'm not demanding anything.

Alyssa Milano is but meh.

I just think she inadvertently made a good point is all. And I fully support her sex strike. You should be proud of me, I'm openly supporting a well known feminist!

Enoch07

Premium Member
I just celebrated my 8th anniversary. Sex is just as important as it has ever been. If it isn't for you, I have to admit I feel sorry for you and your spouse.

Ok try 20 years then, it doesn't matter. It's only a matter of time.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, but you're not killing anyone with oral or mutual.;)

And I am not killing *anyone* with abortion either.

Let me be clear, I have reservations about late-term abortion. I feel that abortions should be done as early as possible. I don't have any problem up to about the 4th month.

After that, I do think there is a moral issue, but the right of a woman to have control of her own body still takes precedence. She, at the very least, has the right to have *anyone* who has taken over her body removed. Period. So, even if I agree that a fetus deserves the same rights as a newborn (which I don't think), I still think that abortion is a necessary fallback for some people.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
And I am not killing *anyone* with abortion either.

Let me be clear, I have reservations about late-term abortion. I feel that abortions should be done as early as possible. I don't have any problem up to about the 4th month.

After that, I do think there is a moral issue, but the right of a woman to have control of her own body still takes precedence. She, at the very least, has the right to have *anyone* who has taken over her body removed. Period. So, even if I agree that a fetus deserves the same rights as a newborn (which I don't think), I still think that abortion is a necessary fallback for some people.
Oh. I see. Abortion. Of course. His post was just worded poorly.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So, liberal women are not going to have sex with men and thus remove any chance of having an unwanted pregnancy and thereby having any abortions?

This is the biggest win the pro-life crowd could have possibly asked for.

Also, sucks for the liberal men who these liberal women date. Poor guys aren't even disagreeing with them on the abortion issue, and they're the ones being punished! Meanwhile conservative guys are just gonna keep on dating conservative girls and waiting until marriage to have kids. This sex strike affects literally not a single conservative person in the country.

Once again, the point is to get a conversation going. As a liberal man, I have taken responsibility and insured I can't get someone pregnant. I've also committed to not having sex with pro-lifers (even if there isn't a possibility of pregnancy).

Enoch07

Premium Member
I still think that abortion is a necessary fallback for some people.

I agree, like if the Mother and Childs life is both in immediate danger, or rape/incest/molestation cases, etc.

What I don't believe is this notion that people cannot control themselves and have to have sex. It's a ridiculous and dangerous idea. If that was really the case rape would not be a thing.

People can control their sexual desires they just refuse to.