• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex strike

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
So, liberal women are not going to have sex with men and thus remove any chance of having an unwanted pregnancy and thereby having any abortions?

This is the biggest win the pro-life crowd could have possibly asked for.

Also, sucks for the liberal men who these liberal women date. Poor guys aren't even disagreeing with them on the abortion issue, and they're the ones being punished! Meanwhile conservative guys are just gonna keep on dating conservative girls and waiting until marriage to have kids. This sex strike affects literally not a single conservative person in the country.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
You are changing the argument since your prior one was obviously wrong. And to this claim I only need to ask" So what? "
I wonder why he thinks shooting confetti is the default option to arguments of sex for the sake of pleasure over the primacy of biological function? What are they teaching in home school these days?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Abstinence has a terrible failure rate. It often raises the number of abortions in an area.

No it doesn't. Abstinence is 100% guarantee of no pregnancy!

Its peoples failure to adhere to abstinence that has a high failure rate.;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So, liberal women are not going to have sex with men and thus remove any chance of having an unwanted pregnancy and thereby having any abortions?

This is the biggest win the pro-life crowd could have possibly asked for.

Also, sucks for the liberal men who these liberal women date. Poor guys aren't even disagreeing with them on the abortion issue, and they're the ones being punished! Meanwhile conservative guys are just gonna keep on dating conservative girls and waiting until marriage to have kids. This sex strike affects literally not a single conservative person in the country.
Yeah right, like Donald Trump. If one is seriously against abortion one should be pro Planned Parenthood since their first approach is education and providing birth control. Abortion rates are lower where Planned Parenthood is operating.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Yeah right, like Donald Trump. If one is seriously against abortion one should be pro Planned Parenthood since their first approach is education and providing birth control. Abortion rates are lower where Planned Parenthood is operating.
Planned Parenthood never once did anything in my community. My high school just had a really good sex ed class where we went over all the different kinds of contraception, vasectomies, morning-after pill, getting your tubes tied, inserts, condoms, STD's, etc., but we also noted how abstinence has an 100% effectiveness rate if you actually do it.

There is nothing wrong with abstinence education. Just point out how not having sex is a more reliable form of contraception when used.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That's not accepting the consequence that's destroying the consequence.

If you discuss ahead of time, that is planning for the consequences. Sorry, but abortion is something that should be available since birth control does, in fact, fail occasionally.

And sorry, but not having sex, especially when in a relationship, is not an option. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else to say.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Alyssa Milano's sex strike is misguided. Here's what actually might work (opinion) - CNN

Hmmmm so she's encouraging women to not have sex to negate the risk of pregnancy?

Congratulations, you just backdoored your way into sexual morality! :D You shouldn't be having sex with anyone, your not prepared to have a child with!

I hope all liberal women join Alyssa Milano and support her sex strike. She might make moral people out of pro-choice supporters after all! :D

Does she want men to join the sex strike as well? What if we all go on strike?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Planned Parenthood never once did anything in my community. My high school just had a really good sex ed class where we went over all the different kinds of contraception, vasectomies, morning-after pill, getting your tubes tied, inserts, condoms, STD's, etc., but we also noted how abstinence has an 100% effectiveness rate if you actually do it.

There is nothing wrong with abstinence education. Just point out how not having sex is a more reliable form of contraception when used.
Except that abstinence fails with teenagers at a very high rate. Also how do you know that Planned Parenthood did nothing for your community? When it comes to young people and their sexual behavior you appear to be a little on the out of touch side.

How Planned Parenthood Reduces Abortion Rates

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you haven't had that type of discussion ahead of time then your definitely not prepared to engage in sex. Agreed?

If you aren't discussing the possible consequences, then you aren't ready to have sex.

I chose sterilization because I don't want to reproduce, don't want to give up the benefits of sex, and don't want to worry about someone else sticking me with child support.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No it doesn't. Abstinence is 100% guarantee of no pregnancy!

Its peoples failure to adhere to abstinence that has a high failure rate.;)

Depends on what, exactly, you mean by abstinence. Is oral sex abstinence? How about mutual masturbation?

It seems to be that demanding people be abstinent when they don't want to have children is irrational and a strategy doomed to failure. Sex is way too important as a binder in relationships. Yes, even those married people who don't want to have children.