• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex strike

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Sex is for much more than child birth. There is nothing immoral about two couples that express their love, or even desire for each other. As long as reasonable precautions are taken.

Sure, so long as both involved are ready to accept all consequences of that action.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Alyssa Milano's sex strike is misguided. Here's what actually might work (opinion) - CNN

Hmmmm so she's encouraging women to not have sex to negate the risk of pregnancy?

Congratulations, you just backdoored your way into sexual morality! :D You shouldn't be having sex with anyone, your not prepared to have a child with!

I hope all liberal women join Alyssa Milano and support her sex strike. She might make moral people out of pro-choice supporters after all! :D

Guys have their own "sex strike". This is basically what MGTOW is, Men who Go Their Own Way.

They feel a lifetime without women is the best way to go. No wife, no kids, no alimony.

Decline of the family. Don't know if will be better off for it or not. I suppose marriage and kids are comprise. Nobody wants to compromise anymore.

Wandering Monk

bender.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Sure, so long as both involved are ready to accept all consequences of that action.

Women want to have control over their body, ok, make sure to take steps to prevent pregnancy. Getting pregnant in the first place is the result of a lack of control.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Women want to have control over their body, ok, make sure to take steps to prevent pregnancy. Getting pregnant in the first place is the result of a lack of control.

Even with birth control pregnancy is a possibility. There is only a single 100% guaranteed way to avoid pregnancy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Yes, men cannot control their ejaculation. Its a sad prospect when women control their own bodies and men cant control theirs.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I am betting i have far more sex for fun than sex for reproduction. In fact for fun, several times a week, for reproduction just twice in my lifetime.

And i would guess that most well well adjusted people have a similar ratio

Ah but that doesn't change the fact it is the #1 biological reason.

The reason you have it for fun is psychological reasons (fun).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ah but that doesn't change the fact it is the #1 biological reason.

The reason you have it for fun is psychological reasons (fun).

You introduced biological, that is not my concern
Sex for reproduction is only a tiny fraction of human sex.

Enoch07

Premium Member
You introduced biological, that is not my concern
Sex for reproduction is only a tiny fraction of human sex.

Well it's my thread and my topic so yeah I introduced it.

The primary function of the sex act is biological, which is reproduction. It's the whole reason you and I exist, literally!

Just because people have it for fun more than with the content to reproduce doesn't negate its primary biological function.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Alyssa Milano's sex strike is misguided. Here's what actually might work (opinion) - CNN

Hmmmm so she's encouraging women to not have sex to negate the risk of pregnancy?

Congratulations, you just backdoored your way into sexual morality! :D You shouldn't be having sex with anyone, your not prepared to have a child with!

I hope all liberal women join Alyssa Milano and support her sex strike. She might make moral people out of pro-choice supporters after all! :D

Well, dang...I thought "Sex Strike" might have had something to do with BDSM pointers.....

Shad

Veteran Member

Milano only demonstrated she is a weak woman due the power she places on sex as a bargaining tool. This is the difference between a sexual revolution feminist and an equality feminist. The former act irresponsible and whines while the latter acts responsible and accepts the results of their own actions.

Also ironic as she just used a pro-life argument of having sex when one is prepared to have children. Amusing when someone freaks out to the point they advocate what the opposition has been saying for years.

Last edited: