• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex positivity thread

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Individual choice. Asexual, heterosexual, different orientation, all OK. For the heterosexual majority in Hinduism, sex is 'dharma', one of the four things that a person should engage in (Purushartha). Did I not promise to my wife that we will seek pleasure in each other?

Dhruva Dhyaanam Darshanam Va (meditating on the Pole star and the Arundhati star)

The Pole Star is stationary and fixed in its position, likewise the couple is expected to be steadfast and firm in fulfilling their vows and responsibilities.

The bride:
Just as the star Arundhati (Star Alcor in Great Bear constellation) is attached to the star Vasishtha (Star Mizar), so may I be ever firmly attached to my husband!

Placing his hand upon the bride’s forehead, the bridegroom:
As the heavens are permanently stable, as the earth is permanently stable, as these mountains are permanently stable, and as the entire universe is permanent stable, so may my wife be permanently settled in our family! - Rig Veda X.173.4

(Addressing the bride): You are the Pole star; I see in you stability and firmness. May you ever be steadfast in your affection for me. The great God has united you with me. May you live with me, blessed with children, for a hundred years!
Marriage: Vivaah - Wikipedia
Then again, rituals really do seem to be all about trying to make us forget how we really want to behave....

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I clarified that it was for heterosexual Hindu males/females. No compulsion for others. And there are shades of heterosexuallity. :)

Galateasdream

Everyone feeling ok about who and what they are? :)

b9151b684a72e7989a67d9772742b618.gif

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
But there's absolutely nothing wrong with being straight and vanilla! :)

That seems be the opposite of kink shaming. Vanilla is awesome!

It's more that I wish I liked kink because some of my partners like it. I can't get into the head space for it and that means we can't share it.

And being straight means I have cut potential sex partners by half. And there are so few I'm interested in anyway.

Galateasdream

It's more that I wish I liked kink because some of my partners like it. I can't get into the head space for it and that means we can't share it.

And being straight means I have cut potential sex partners by half. And there are so few I'm interested in anyway.

That makes logical sense.
I guess ideally it would be best to be pansexual objectum kinksters, and so ready for anything with anyone or anything!

Or just asexual so none of it mattered, lol. :)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That makes logical sense.
I guess ideally it would be best to be pansexual objectum kinksters, and so ready for anything with anyone or anything!

Or just asexual so none of it mattered, lol. :)

I've always liked the quote:

"I'm a poly, bi switch. And NO, I don't want to have sex with you."