• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex bots

Iymus

Cool, not cool?
Opinions.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

------------------

The woman and future generation of women will be of great sorrows when they are valued even less in the eyes of men and not obtain obtain the desired validation from them. Even in greater maturity when the woman is no longer a virgin "young woman of marriageable age" she will not be able to experience the joys of motherhood except for thru artificial means.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Time will well if prophecy can discern possible future prophecy.

Galateasdream

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

------------------

The woman and future generation of women will be of great sorrows when they are valued even less in the eyes of men and not obtain obtain the desired validation from them. Even in greater maturity when the woman is no longer a virgin "young woman of marriageable age" she will not be able to experience the joys of motherhood except for thru artificial means.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Time will well if prophecy can discern possible future prophecy.

Interesting. I fully expect that sexbots, genetic engineering and the artifical womb will entirely replace 'normal' human sexuality, relationships and gender within a few generations. But I look forward to that.

Iymus

Interesting. I fully expect that sexbots, genetic engineering and the artifical womb will entirely replace 'normal' human sexuality, relationships and gender within a few generations. But I look forward to that.

yes the way things are going without higher or diving intervention there will be no male or female but unisex. So I have been told at least.

Us as human 1.0 will not be able to bear it and there will be conflict and human 1.0 will eventually lose without Higher or Divine intervention.

Sex bots is what the human ego and pride wants but not what the human ego and pride will be able to truly bear in my opinion.

Galateasdream

yes the way things are going without higher or diving intervention there will be no male or female but unisex. So I have been told at least.

Us as human 1.0 will not be able to bear it and there will be conflict and human 1.0 will eventually lose.

Sounds great. To me, anyway.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Personally, I find all that pretty icky. But that's just me.

I also remember promises of flying cars and societies where machines do all the work and people enjoy the leisure. None of that's happened either.
Tom

Galateasdream

Personally, I find all that pretty icky. But that's just me.

I also remember promises of flying cars and societies where machines do all the work and people enjoy the leisure. None of that's happened either.
Tom

Yeah, but flying cars didn't do the sex :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Cool, not cool?
Opinions.
You mean sex-robots? I see sex as a bit overrated.

And, as the French say "La petite Mort" ("the brief loss or weakening of consciousness")
The Wise Ones see attachments to sex as an illusion
Some Worldly Ones see attachments to sex robots as real

Last edited:

Galateasdream

You mean sex-robots? I see sex as a bit overrated.

And, as the French say "La petite Mort" ("the brief loss or weakening of consciousness")
The Wise Ones see attachments to sex as an illusion
The Worldly Ones see attachments to sex robots as real

Ah... I think you're missing out :)

But then I'm very biased, and in love ... :)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

I really doubt that will ever happen. I like having a relationship with a human as opposed to a bot. I suspect most people will choose such over a bot evenin the distant future.

Genetic engineering will be mainly used to get rid of genetic diseases (of which there are many), which alone will increase lifespan considerably.

Artificial wombs might well be a resolution of the abortion debate: instead of an abortion, just remove and implant into an artificial womb while giving up all parental rights.