• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex Before Marriage

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
SoliDeoGloria said:
Take for instance their is no established Biblical standard for what the official recognition of or "marriage ceremony"
Already established way earlier in the thread.;) Which leads me to.....

SoliDeoGloria said:
I have struggled with the fornication issue myself and could come up with better arguments than the OP
Perhaps you should research things thoroughly before you attempt to critique them. Just a thought :D

SoliDeoGloria said:
Besides that, being as how this is predictably getting too personal, I'm just going to bow out of this one as usual.
I can respect that.:)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
SoliDeoGloria said:
:jiggy: frubals for that one.

Sarcasm is just way too popular here I think. I'm shocked I didn't get smacked for that one.

I'm not really interested in social standards. To try to get society to adhere to religious standards has failed so many times, it would be silly to even attempt anymore. The only interest I have here is defending a Christian doctrine. It's one thing to state that one does not agree with a certain religious standard and that they are going to live another way. It is quite another to attack that religious standard as if to accuse them of some sort of major conspiracy plot that they know they are attempting.

I must have totally misunderstood the point of this then, because it sounded to me like people were saying that sex before marriage was bad for society as a whole, rather than just a religious standard. I apologise for that, my fault.
I do however believe that there really is a conspiracy to keep adequate sexual education away from children that is organized by religious prudes. But, I suppose this isn't the thread to talk about that, and I think I've argued that so many times here that I'd rather not do it again.

SoliDeoGloria

MaddLlama said:
Sarcasm is just way too popular here I think. I'm shocked I didn't get smacked for that one.

Please don't mistake me for one of those who can dish it out but can't take it. I actually enjoy a good jab at myself as long as it is not too personal of an attack and done in a decent spirit.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
SoliDeoGloria said:
Please don't mistake me for one of those who can dish it out but can't take it. I actually enjoy a good jab at myself as long as it is not too personal of an attack and done in a decent spirit.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

Not at all. I'm just shocked that I'm still funny is all. =) I figured you would all get tired of my abrasive sense of humor by now.
First time for everything I suppose :p