• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

Spartan

That is your personal opinion. You are free to think that way.

If you declare that all other Scriptures can not be "the right path" then you have to be at least 1 of these:
a) Omniscient
b) "Know" from personal experience all other Scriptures not to be the right path
c) Blind believe your interpretation of your scripture telling you "this scripture is the only right path"
d) Be gullible to believe others blindly telling you "The Bible/Jesus is the only way"

But as I have gone through this before, I decide:
I agree to disagree with you on this one

When you can bust the resurrection of Christ then you can feel better about your own beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Sex before marriage should be an imperative.

I fully disagree. I think it should be a no-no.
I was of the free love hippie generation, so....
I had plenty of opportunities for sex before marriage.....
But I did not have sex until I got married at age 32.
My husband was 42 and he had not had sex either.
34 years later, we are still married. :)
Now you know my age.... :rolleyes:

I made up for lost time after I got married but now I realize that was kind of a waste of time.
I have much better things to do now, things that are more rewarding and enjoyable. :D
Hopefully, we all mature and come to that conclusion eventually.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are silly if you don't have sex before you tie the knot or live with your partner for a while beforehand. Sex is an important part of a relationship and you need to see if you are suited.
I chose to learn on the job... '
Kept a lot of sex therapists in business for the first couple of years. :D

Riders

I am telling you what everyday life is really like in my part of the world, and i will not argue about it anymore, as its the equivalent of arguing with a Flat Earther that the world is round. You can accept or ignore what i say if it contradicts your conclusions on my religion and all its people, as you are clearly coming from a comfort zone of hate, and have made your mind up.

Its the spreading of wrong information, like all the things you initially said as part of sharia, thats problematic. Ironically I encounter this kind of dogmatism based on incomplete information copied from a google search from both Christians and Muslims who have simplistic world views and understandings, more than i should. Convincing such people otherwise on this topic never works. So I am done.:)

Then why is it that the taxi drivers who are Muslim and drive me around are from the Middle east, and now and then bring their wives with them in the car and the wives from the Middle east and still dressed in the head covered and the whole outfit we see on tv quite often?

Riders

I fully disagree. I think it should be a no-no.
I was of the free love hippie generation, so....
I had plenty of opportunities for sex before marriage.....
But I did not have sex until I got married at age 32.
My husband was 42 and he had not had sex either.
34 years later, we are still married. :)
Now you know my age.... :rolleyes:

I made up for lost time after I got married but now I realize that was kind of a waste of time.
I have much better things to do now, things that are more rewarding and enjoyable. :D
Hopefully, we all mature and come to that conclusion eventually.

Congratulations! thanks for answering part of my question do statistics say waiting is better for long term.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Then why is it that the taxi drivers who are Muslim and drive me around are from the Middle east, and now and then bring their wives with them in the car and the wives from the Middle east and still dressed in the head covered and the whole outfit we see on tv quite often?
Strange. I'm from Columbus, Ohio and our cab drivers are mostly Muslims from Africa since we have a large Somali Muslim population. They've never had anyone with them. Oh, and the only Muslim women I've seen wearing burqas or the niqabs were black American converts (most Muslims in America are actually African-American).

Riders

Strange. I'm from Columbus, Ohio and our cab drivers are mostly Muslims from Africa since we have a large Somali Muslim population. They've never had anyone with them. Oh, and the only Muslim women I've seen wearing burqas or the niqabs were black American converts (most Muslims in America are actually African-American).

Let's not argue, I am not Muslim so I will suceed you know your religion.

We Never Know

No Slack
So different churches and different religions do different things.

However , the Evangelical conservative Christian church many not all have a certain values before marriage rules. I am not picking on Christianity, there are probably other religions who have stricter rules.So if anyone from other religions have certain view points don't be afraid to share them.

It was popular to have Christian parents for while back to pick out the spouse for their child. Also many only date someone if they are going to marry them. Dating around is not accepted.

Many many Christians do not believe ins ex before marriage , and someone do not even believe in touching before marriage!

Christians say statistics prove the loner you wait on sex the better your sex life will be, this maybe true statistics I don't know.

I will say this for me, noway am I getting involved with a man who does not want to touch me before marriage nope!I think having sex before marriage is a good thing for me. I am not waiting and I want to be able to trust my spouse that we are right for each other in bed as well as out.

So whats you belief set on sex before marriage and also how you date? By dating I mean, is dating around ok? Do you select your child's spouse? Do you just date to marry only? If you don't have sex before marriage are you aloud to hold hands hug kiss that type of thing? What about oral sex or 3rd base?

Didn't the biblical god say be fruitful and multiply? All species do and marriage is a human construct.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sex is not even an imperative, unless you want children. :rolleyes:
I believe it's an imperative to help insure sexual compatibility. It encourages the exploration of sexual expression between a couple and can reveal issues that may be detrimental to a marriage.

He is all set to try anal sex / She doesn't want any part of it.
She anticipates having semi-public sex / He says, "No way."
He looks forward to watersports / She thinks it's gross.
She feels bringing a third partner into the bed would be exciting / He's not about to share her with anyone.
Oral sex? "Yes!" / Oral sex? "I hate it!"
"Lets video tape ourselves." / "That's an invasion of my privacy, and I won't do it!"
"Hey, how about you on top for a change?" / "Missionary position or no position at all"
"Come on! Cum already" / "How can I when you're so sexually inept."
"And just who do you think you're going to satisfy with that?" / "Me."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe it's an imperative to help insure sexual compatibility. It encourages the exploration of sexual expression between a couple and can reveal issues that may be detrimental to a marriage.

He is all set to try anal sex / She doesn't want any part of it.
She anticipates having semi-public sex / He says, "No way."
He looks forward to watersports / She thinks it's gross.
She feels bringing a third partner into the bed would be exciting / He's not about to share her with anyone.
Oral sex? "Yes!" / Oral sex? "I hate it!"
"Lets video tape ourselves." / "That's an invasion of my privacy, and I won't do it!"
"Hey, how about you on top for a change?" / "Missionary position or no position at all"
"Come on! Cum already" / "How can I when you're so sexually inept."
"And just who do you think you're going to satisfy with that?" / "Me."

I guess you misunderstood what I said... I said "sex is not even an imperative, unless you want children."
I meant that even in marriage sex is not an imperative.

I used to think it was, but that was a long time ago.
Some people mature over time....

There will be no sex in the afterlife, so I decided to prepare for that ahead of time. :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
I guess you misunderstood what I said... I said "sex is not even an imperative, unless you want children."

There will be no sex in the afterlife, so I decided to prepare for that ahead of time. :D
Okay.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If you declare that all other Scriptures can not be "the right path" then you have at least to:
a) Be Omniscient
b) "Know" from personal experience all other Scriptures not to be the right path
c) Blindly believe your interpretation of your scripture telling you "this scripture is the only right path"
d) Be gullible to believe others blindly telling you "The Bible/Jesus is the only way"

I agree to disagree with you on this one

When you can bust the resurrection of Christ then you can feel better about your own beliefs.

JJ50

And you know that for a fact because????????????

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yes I did hear about lots of virgins in the afterlife. So for sure "no sex with eternal virgins".
Though I did have a feeling that some people do interpret this in another way

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And you know that for a fact because????????????
Nobody can know it for a fact, because it cannot be proven and facts can be proven.
But I know it because there is plenty of evidence, in addition to the scriptures of my religion.