• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Do your homework and your eyes will be opened.

What homework? My eyes are opened, which is why I am not Christian anymore. I was Christian for over 30 years. It had nothing to offer me except fear and guilt. It works for others, and that's great. I'll echo Lord Sri Krishna in saying "Whatever God or deity a person seeks to worship with faith, I'll encourage the person and help them be faithful".

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Its an open relationship. They can work, as long as everyone is on board and everyone knows. I did have sex with a guy named O but his wife never did. But she had to be able to say yes to the person he wanted to be with or he couldn't do it. She and I were still are friends though we don't talk anymore. So she was ok with me he has permission to see me.Some would say that's s exist though.

But if there are no issues with jealousy it can work. Unfortunately I have seen the tv show Fatal Vows,theres a few open marriage cases where someone got killed because of jealousy.

Specifically, we label ourselves polyamorous in that we tend towards seeking deeper relationship connections. We are extremely safe about it. And it has been working for us for a long time. Our connection is stronger for it, we feel.

We also know it's not for everyone. We've seen other open/poly relationships fall apart due to the many complex issues associated with it.

ecco

Veteran Member
You missed "Of course, the consummation, Gauna - the girl going to the husbands place, happened many years later". The "bride" and "groom" lived with their own parents for many years after the "wedding". Ever see the Star Trek episode Amok Time? Spock and T'Pring were promised to each other by their parents when they were 7 years old. Spock called it less than a marriage, but more than a betrothal. Same thing in Indian arranged marriages.
Promising a seven-year-old is disgusting. It may have happened with your grandparents, but I'm willing to bet it is still happening now.

What is the price for a seven-year-old; two cows?

ecco

Veteran Member
I think people are married, when they have sex first time, because:

and said, 'For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall join to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?' So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, don't let man tear apart."
Matt. 19:5-6
Did Matthew have a wife? Did Mark, Luke or John? Did Jesus have a wife? Nope. Did they, as the Bible suggests, all hang out together? For the most part, men who avoid having relations with women are gay. Gay men like to hang out with other gay men.

Riders

Specifically, we label ourselves polyamorous in that we tend towards seeking deeper relationship connections. We are extremely safe about it. And it has been working for us for a long time. Our connection is stronger for it, we feel.

We also know it's not for everyone. We've seen other open/poly relationships fall apart due to the many complex issues associated with it.

Yes it works for some folks. I think its important that the people you have physical relations, everyone involved knows your married in a committed relationship so there's no mistakes made. If everyone has their cards out on the table that makes a difference.

Riders

Did Matthew have a wife? Did Mark, Luke or John? Did Jesus have a wife? Nope. Did they, as the Bible suggests, all hang out together? For the most part, men who avoid having relations with women are gay. Gay men like to hang out with other gay men.

I don't agree, There are a few a sexuals and what the bible calls unichs. There are also men who are being treated for an addiction, weather it be drugs alcohol, sex or gambling whatever, many of them live in a halfway house for men and stay away from women for awhile for a time anyways.

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm sure that there are those people who merely do what they are told, but you won't last long if that is the case.

Are you saying that it is not part of LDS to instruct the young on what to say about scripture?

The scriptures teach that we are to come to know the truths of the Gospel and related principles for ourselves.

Are you saying that all your knowledge and understanding of scripture came from your own reading? You never attended classes where other people "interpreted" scripture for you?

You do that by testing the Word of God. You experiment by living according to His commandments and taking note of the blessings that flow.

I know for myself that nothing good comes from premarital sexual relations.

Are you saying that you, yourself, went against LDS teaching and had a bad experience? Or are you saying you heard of someone?

All children deserve to be born to parents who are legally and lawfully wedded as husband and wife.
That would be nice. Does that mindset also rule out divorce? I believe LDS allows divorce. I also know that until recently LDS believed in polygamous marriages. That kinda obviates "the husband and the wife" scenario doesn't it?

The teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ give us the proper foundation to build our lives upon.

Are these the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ as stated in the Christian NT or teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ as depicted in the missing Golden Tablets? I'm asking because I really don't know.

Any sexual activity outside of marriage is sinful. Any homosexual activity or behavior is sinful. These are eternal truths.

Eternal truths? Did these truths exist 2100 years ago? Are these the truths attested to in the OT? What about before the OT?

It would be more accurate to say, "At a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction."

No, the teachings of the LDS do not override science. However, if you want to say "The LDS teaches that at a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction", that would probably be correct.

Homosexuality is a behavior. It requires activity. Simply having an attraction to the same-sex does not make someone guilty of homosexuality.
Human sexuality can be a crazy thing. We sometimes cannot explain why we are attracted to certain things or why something arouses us. But no one commits the sin of homosexuality unless they act on their same-sex attraction and perform homosexual activities.

You are making it very obvious that LDS requires it's adherents to be ignorant of the true aspects of sexuality. Religions just love guilt and sin. There are so many things that can be attached to that. There are so many ways religions can hammer people with that to keep them in line. I just picture a large herd of sheep being told where to go by twin dogs named Guilt and Sin. Just the two of them to keep the entire herd in line.

He can make our weaknesses strengths.

No, only you can recognize your weakness and thereby gain strength.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Promising a seven-year-old is disgusting. It may have happened with your grandparents, but I'm willing to bet it is still happening now.

What is the price for a seven-year-old; two cows?

I don't think they have cows on Vulcan,

Back2Love

Great , so Islam is now liberated.
I will check the stats in the UK of girls killed because of their western lifestyle.
And those in Germany drowned because they had a german date.
Sorry that I bothered to listen to the UN stats on honor killings.
I will not make such a mistake again.
Promise.

Do you realy believe the tobacco you posted now?

I am telling you what everyday life is really like in my part of the world, and i will not argue about it anymore, as its the equivalent of arguing with a Flat Earther that the world is round. You can accept or ignore what i say if it contradicts your conclusions on my religion and all its people, as you are clearly coming from a comfort zone of hate, and have made your mind up.

Its the spreading of wrong information, like all the things you initially said as part of sharia, thats problematic. Ironically I encounter this kind of dogmatism based on incomplete information copied from a google search from both Christians and Muslims who have simplistic world views and understandings, more than i should. Convincing such people otherwise on this topic never works. So I am done.:)

Skwim

Veteran Member
In Islam any kind of sexual contact is not permitted before marriage. But there are degrees of 'sexual contact'. Actual sex is only considered at the point of penetration, and considered more of a serious sin if done before marriage, than other forms of sexual contact (as far as I am aware).

Its difficult but it is what it is. I know guys who stayed virgins (or claim to have remained virgins) well into their 30s and even 40s.
Or had no other option.

tenor.gif

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So whats you belief set on sex before marriage and also how you date? By dating I mean, is dating around ok? Do you select your child's spouse? Do you just date to marry only? If you don't have sex before marriage are you aloud to hold hands hug kiss that type of thing? What about oral sex or 3rd base?
Well, obviously sex before marriage is the new norm in the West so we'll just have to deal with that. Personally, it's not my place to judge others but I think marriage should be the goal. I don't think it's a necessity to wait until your wedding night (gods know I didn't) but I tend to view casual sex as a waste of time due to my experiences with it. But I'm the type who can just take care of my sexual urges myself, even though I have a fairly high sex drive (or maybe it's just normal).