• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is terrible!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
What is terrible in this? My grandfather went on to become an awarded historian and Sanskritist. They were blessed with two children, and were respected in the community.
Remember that the law also provide that if the woman was raped where no one could hear her calling for help, she was also innocent.
But I suppose, in Islam, her tormentor cannot be punished because there were no 4 Muslim male witnesses or 8 Muslim women witnesses for 16 male witnesses or 32 female witnesses of the people of the book (Jews, Christians, Sabians).

Last edited:

Wasp

Normal people usually have sex when in a relationship.
You really think you, your generation and from those the people who agree on this with you are the only normal people of mankind, also of those already gone and yet to come?? Kind of self centred, isn't it?
Realy?
So what is the punnishment for a Girl who has sex with another man if not married?
If penetration is witnessed by four good Muslims (male) and the accused is not pardoned, that would be 100 lashes.
Then what does shariah law say if a women walks around without her father, uncle or brother?
Nothing in most countries.
What does shariah say if a women is not veiled?
You mean a niqab or a burqa? If so, nothing in most countries.
is she a whore or not?
I don't know.
This is Shariah, and if you dont know, dont try to deceive me.
Look at how the fruits of Islam is killing off women for silly stuff such as even talking to a man the family dont like.
That's not Islam killing, that's just random people murdering family members and other aquintances. But honor killing is hardly a specific "Muslim" thing..
Remember that the law also provide that if the woman was raped where no one could hear her calling for help, she was also innocent.
Doesn't help really.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So different churches and different religions do different things.

However , the Evangelical conservative Christian church many not all have a certain values before marriage rules. I am not picking on Christianity, there are probably other religions who have stricter rules.So if anyone from other religions have certain view points don't be afraid to share them.

It was popular to have Christian parents for while back to pick out the spouse for their child. Also many only date someone if they are going to marry them. Dating around is not accepted.

Many many Christians do not believe ins ex before marriage , and someone do not even believe in touching before marriage!

Christians say statistics prove the loner you wait on sex the better your sex life will be, this maybe true statistics I don't know.

I will say this for me, noway am I getting involved with a man who does not want to touch me before marriage nope!I think having sex before marriage is a good thing for me. I am not waiting and I want to be able to trust my spouse that we are right for each other in bed as well as out.

So whats you belief set on sex before marriage and also how you date? By dating I mean, is dating around ok? Do you select your child's spouse? Do you just date to marry only? If you don't have sex before marriage are you aloud to hold hands hug kiss that type of thing? What about oral sex or 3rd base?

My experience of sex before marriage was about 33% good, the rest abysmal. First time was at a drunken student party, i remember nothing about it. Second was my first long term boyfriend, (well a few months anyway) he preferred to spend his time in the pub with his pals than with me. I was usually asleep when he turned up, too drunk to rise to the occasion. The third time i married the guy. Not perfect in the bedroom department (far from it) but a huge leap forward compared to previous disasters and good enough for me.

Which all left me rather neive in the sex department, not a situation i i would recommend to anyone. Where abstention before marriage leads to better sex, i cannot agree, maybe it just lowers the bar so you expect less.

Since then, by various means, we have learned a lot that we should have known before we even set out.

Back2Love

Realy?
So what is the punnishment for a Girl who has sex with another man if not married?
Then what does shariah law say if a women walks around without her father, uncle or brother?
What does shariah say if a women is not veiled?
is she a whore or not?
This is Shariah, and if you dont know, dont try to deceive me.
Look at how the fruits of Islam is killing off women for silly stuff such as even talking to a man the family dont like.
Open your eyes!
Honor killing - Wikipedia

First of all Wikipedia is not a legiimate source.
Second... you intially said if a girl "dates a non Muslim man" she will be killed. Nope. Not true. I have known many inter-religious relationships, and none of them ended in death lol. If the couple is religious or respected each others faith, sex isnt even a given, but usually marriage is. Now you have changed your statement to be just about sex... well by the strictest interpretation of sharia, sex before marriage will result in the death of both participants not just women, but that doesnt happen anymore. Back in medieval times and the days of the Prophet (sws), I am guessing the law was stricter on this matter and widespread throughout the Islamic World. I dont know. But what I do know is that aspects of the law are malleable to the time and location, and that this doesnt happen today. What you are referring to are honor killings, and those are culturally based, not religious.

Now, does sharia say a woman is a hoe if she doesnt wear a veil? Nope. I live in a country where there is sharia practiced (The United Arab Emirates) and I grew up in Egypt in the 90s... and you would be hard pressed to see anyone veiled, especially today in the UAE. Its pretty rare. I literally see more veiled women on Western tv shows about the Middle East, than actually here on the street in the Middle East. Having a veil as well as a hijab, is strongly encouraged in Islam, but there is is no compulsion in religion. If a woman doesnt want to wear a veil its her right. If her family forces their daughter, sister or wife to wear a veil, they are going against Islam. The girls I know who do wear a veil, usually wear it more for cultural and social reasons than for religious.

Finally I dont care about deceiving you. I dont even know you. To me you are just a series of 1s and 0s on a computer screen from the other side of the planet. What I do care about are people who do a google search about any given topic, and suddenly think their PhD in Wikipedia and YouTube gives them the right to spread partially researched information to others as fully solid facts.

SA Huguenot

First of all Wikipedia is not a legiimate source.
Second... you intially said if a girl "dates a non Muslim man" she will be killed. Nope. Not true. I have known many inter-religious relationships, and none of them ended in death lol. If the couple is religious or respected each others faith, sex isnt even a given, but usually marriage is. Now you have changed your statement to be just about sex... well by the strictest interpretation of sharia, sex before marriage will result in the death of both participants not just women, but that doesnt happen anymore. Back in medieval times and the days of the Prophet (sws), I am guessing the law was stricter on this matter and widespread throughout the Islamic World. I dont know. But what I do know is that aspects of the law are malleable to the time and location, and that this doesnt happen today. What you are referring to are honor killings, and those are culturally based, not religious.

Now, does sharia say a woman is a hoe if she doesnt wear a veil? Nope. I live in a country where there is sharia practiced (The United Arab Emirates) and I grew up in Egypt in the 90s... and you would be hard pressed to see anyone veiled, especially today in the UAE. Its pretty rare. I literally see more veiled women on Western tv shows about the Middle East, than actually here on the street in the Middle East. Having a veil as well as a hijab, is strongly encouraged in Islam, but there is is no compulsion in religion. If a woman doesnt want to wear a veil its her right. If her family forces their daughter, sister or wife to wear a veil, they are going against Islam. The girls I know who do wear a veil, usually wear it more for cultural and social reasons than for religious.

Finally I dont care about deceiving you. I dont even know you. To me you are just a series of 1s and 0s on a computer screen from the other side of the planet. What I do care about are people who do a google search about any given topic, and suddenly think their PhD in Wikipedia and YouTube gives them the right to spread partially researched information to others as fully solid facts.
Great , so Islam is now liberated.
I will check the stats in the UK of girls killed because of their western lifestyle.
And those in Germany drowned because they had a german date.
Sorry that I bothered to listen to the UN stats on honor killings.
I will not make such a mistake again.
Promise.

Do you realy believe the tobacco you posted now?

ecco

Veteran Member
In Islam any kind of sexual contact is not permitted before marriage. But there are degrees of 'sexual contact'. Actual sex is only considered at the point of penetration, and considered more of a serious sin if done before marriage,

If any kind of sexual contact is not permitted before marriage, how can there be a "but"?

Stating that "actual sex is only considered at the point of penetration, and considered more of a serious sin if done before marriage" implies that oral sex is less of a sin. That sounds like what happened in the US when teens started taking "purity pledges". Manual and oral sex became the standard (with girls giving and boys receiving).

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Nonsense. People were having sex long before the concept of marriage was even invented.
Of course, but as soon as you get anything even remotely approaching a complex society you have some notion of marriage. And violation of its norms often got you killed.

The main civilizational disagreement was not on the necessity of marriage, but on its nature. The permissibility of divorce and the number of wives you could take.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Indeed, but pre-marital relationships weren't really a thing until fairly recently.

Not the case, there may have been a few years in middle class american society where sex before marriage was taboo, much of the rest of the world had very different to ideas, even if preaching abstenence there has been something if a double standard.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course, but as soon as you get anything even remotely approaching a complex society you have some notion of marriage. And violation of its norms often got you killed.

That macho "shes mine, hands off" is a real killer

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Not the case, there may have been a few years in middle class american society where sex before marriage was taboo, much of the rest of the world had very different to ideas, even if preaching abstenence there has been something if a double standard.
Historically, sex before marriage has been a very common taboo particularly for women. Yes, depending on the civilisation the taboo was often in practice much looser for men. I'm not claiming that the past was 'fair' but non-Christian/non-Western societies were not and are not the free love paradises some seem to imagine they were. In fact, some were and still are downright puritanical by modern western standards.

Last edited: