• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seventh Day Adventists live longer

JIMMY12345

They have lower rates of cancer,longer life expectancy and better physical and mental health.They believe taking care of the body is honoring God.

Source:The Economist Feb 25 2023 Page 44
Cutting down on white bread and wine may be hard.However God rewards the good.Would you give up white bread and wine and embrace more vegetables ( note even apples may be dangerous in 20 years as supermarkets encourage high sugar sweet varieties)

Shaul

Premium Member
According to their own scriptures the Seventh Day Adventists affirm the oldest persons were not Seventh Day Adventists. See there was this guy called Methuselah...

JIMMY12345

Not only do they live longer, like any boring task it feels even longer than that.
Point taken.Think it depends on individual psychology.Some people love the Gym some hate it.Some people love dining out every week some people are happy with a brussel spout and a bowl of hot porridge.
The lucky ones are those who combine gym and eating out with friends sparingly.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hey, do you know why men tend to die sooner than their wives?

Because they want to.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
They have lower rates of cancer,longer life expectancy and better physical and mental health.They believe taking care of the body is honoring God.

Cutting down on white bread and wine may be hard.However God rewards the good.Would you give up white bread and wine and embrace more vegetables ( note even apples may be dangerous in 20 years as supermarkets encourage high sugar sweet varieties)

They are generally vegetarians too. I used to work at an Adventist hospital. The cafeteria was great.

Vee

Premium Member

I saw some studies about them and it seems that being vegetarian and non smoking contributes to that longevity. I'm not personally familiar with their beliefs so don't take my word for it. It's just what I read and it was a while ago.