• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seuss contra Trump

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have no doubt whatsoever at this time, but I even was suspicious before he was elected, that Trump has a fascist orientation. It's his "I am the only one that can fix it" approach, matched with his "owner" approach, and also matched with his lack of even the most basic empathy as we've seen.

Fascist leaders tend to want to dominate, dislike and distrust any opposition, dislike a free press, blame others for what goes wrong, and who are willing to lash out strongly against any opposition or suspicion of opposition that often borders on paranoia.

Instead of trying to reach any accommodation, they tend to lash out at "enemies", are willing to betray even friends if they don't blindly support them, and seek revenge against even sometimes the slightest of provocations.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I have no doubt whatsoever at this time, but I even was suspicious before he was elected, that Trump has a fascist orientation. It's his "I am the only one that can fix it" approach, matched with his "owner" approach, and also matched with his lack of even the most basic empathy as we've seen.

Fascist leaders tend to want to dominate, dislike and distrust any opposition, dislike a free press, blame others for what goes wrong, and who are willing to lash out strongly against any opposition or suspicion of opposition that often borders on paranoia.

Instead of trying to reach any accommodation, they tend to lash out at "enemies", are willing to betray even friends if they don't blindly support them, and seek revenge against even sometimes the slightest of provocations.
I'd say he's closer to Erdogan or Orban than any fascist I can think of.

Duke_Leto

I'd say he's closer to Erdogan or Orban than any fascist I can think of.

I agree. Fascism seems ideological. I don't think Trump (or even Erdogan, for all his lip service to Islamic values and whatnot) has any particular ideology.

Prestor John

dr-seuss-adolf-the-wolf.jpg

Dr. Seuss understood the Trumps of his world much as he understood the Basket of Deplorables.
Boo on you.

If an American citizen is arrested while in the company of their minor children, the children will be separated from their American citizen parents.

Why should those who try to illegally enter the country be given special privilege?

Not only this, but the vast majority of these detained minors were not accompanied by their parents into our country in the first place.

That is not even to mention that the policy of separating illegal children from their parents began long ago and has been upheld by previous Presidents.

Yet, the "fake news" media tries their best to make Trump look bad.

Policies that were considered reasonable in the past are all of a sudden "Nazi-like" since Trump became President.

Ignorant hypocrites.