• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seuss contra Trump

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've thought this for a while now. Hitler is more the buffoon than Hitler was.
You mean Trump is more the buffoon than Hitler was. I agree. Hitler would be like if you were to take an idealist like Mike Pence and merge him with the pathological narcissism of a Trump. But neither have a true regard for the lives of others who would not support them. You knew Hitler ordered Germany to be destroyed when all was lost in the war? He only cared for those who admired him. That Trump has in common with him.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You mean Trump is more the buffoon than Hitler was. I agree. Hitler would be like if you were to take an idealist like Mike Pence and merge him with the pathological narcissism of a Trump. But neither have a true regard for the lives of others who would not support them. You knew Hitler ordered Germany to be destroyed when all was lost in the war? He only cared for those who admired him. That Trump has in common with him.

Thanks for the correction.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Defending the obsession with Hitler is nonsensical.

The continual association of Trump & Hitler seems an artful way
to claim equivalence without having to defend any specific claim.
"There are similarities with Hitler!"
"Don't ignore history!"
Well duh...it reminds me of the old Kennedy & Lincoln coincidences
which circulated decades ago, ie, to seek connections is to find.

It changes discussion from analyzing policy to demonizing the person
by applying a label followed by something like "Nuff said".
Hardly. Trumps certainly has the ear marks of an authoritarian fascist dictator, so did Hitler but all dictator authoritarians are not equals. Having differences with something doesn’t mean similarities don’t exist.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
If his love for Rocket Man results in peaceful Koreas, than let his love shine.
But this histrionic cry of "Hitler!" at every mention of Trump is worse than childish.
It's disgraceful.

Kim is smarter than the average person; he developed his nuclear weapons; his trump cards, and now he's touring the world shaking hands, and sharing credit for 'peaceful' relations.

You people...

You'll always fall for a halfway decent con.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hardly. Trumps certainly has the ear marks of an authoritarian fascist dictator, so did Hitler but all dictator authoritarians are not equals. Having differences with something doesn’t mean similarities don’t exist.
It's still a ridiculous comparison, particularly when posts
(eg, the OP) intend insult all those who voted for him.
It's just meanness devoid of thoughtful commentary.
Some might say "rubbish".

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kim is smarter than the average person; he developed his nuclear weapons; his trump cards, and now he's touring the world shaking hands, and sharing credit for 'peaceful' relations.

You people...

You'll always fall for a halfway decent con.
Harrumph...as though you've a window into his
soul, & know his hidden nefarious intentions.
I don't prognosticate.
I see potential for detente, & hope for the best.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Harrumph...as though you've a window into his
soul, & know his hidden nefarious intentions.
I don't prognosticate.
I see potential for detente, & hope for the best.

How about when the curtains were open? A good confidence man loves forgetfulness; it gives people hope.

idav

Being
Premium Member
It keeps getting less ridiculous everyday.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hitler was famous for knowing how to use the propaganda technique of the "Big Lie" to fool people. As he himself explained, the technique was to create a lie so impossibly outrageous that people would judge it just had to be true, because they simply would not be able to imagine how anyone could fabricate such a monster.

Now, suppose you noticed some contemporary politician was using the Big Lie technique. Further suppose you told people, "He's using the Big Lie technique that Hitler described in his biography".

Logically speaking, would that necessarily mean you were saying the politician was "just like Hitler", or "Just as bad as Hitler"?

I don't see how any honest person can answer "yes" to that question, unless they are merely confused.

It seems to me the OP is stating no more than this: That Trump's treatment of immigrant children is similar to, or the same as, Hitler's treatment of immigrant children in his own day and age. I just can't find anywhere the OP says, "Trump is Hitler", or anything along those lines.

I suppose someone might say, "Well, the OP could be taken to mean 'Trump is Hitler', even if it cannot be proven that it does indeed mean that." But I disagree that it could be taken that way without jumping to that conclusion.

There is a name for thinking the worse of someone, rather than giving folks the benefit of the doubt: "Bad faith".

Bad faith is always intellectually dishonest.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, Jebus....another Hitler thread.
This Nazi equivalence stuff is.....rubbish.
Not so. The generic ideology is that of fascism. Populist ultra-nationalist demagoguery, with some groups branded, demonized and marginalized as the "enemy within". This decade will be seen in history as the return of fascist political ideology in much of the world after a long eclipse that followed World War II. That this happened just after another financial crisis is also a notable point of similarity.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Sure, people can say anything they like.

That does not mean that they have any clue, though. The comparison with Hitler is not only apt, it actually grows more sensible each and every day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not so. The generic ideology is that of fascism. Populist ultra-nationalist demagoguery, with some groups branded, demonized and marginalized as the "enemy within". This decade will be seen in history as the return of fascist political ideology in much of the world after a long eclipse that followed World War II. That this happened just after another financial crisis is also a notable point of similarity.
The left is fond of calling Trump a "fascist", but this barb is as vapid
as Hillary's use of "deplorables", ie, just poo flinging.
How would you say Trump is steering Americastan towards fascism?