• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting The Bible Reader Straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdAngel

I did not ignore the context. The context makes no difference. You failed to show that the context made a difference.

I guess context does not matter to you but that is why your interpretation of the scriptures is in error. The context proves it and that is why it was added.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
  • Your response...

Nonsense. Let me know when you want to discuss the content of the post you are quoting from. Your just simply hand waiving again and making things up that have no truth in them. I thought you wanted an honest conversation? Seems you do not.
    Just because you do not understand does not make it nonsense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I guess context does not matter to you but that is why your interpretation of the scriptures is in error. The context proves it and that is why it was added.
No, context can matter. You failed to show that it did, and you do not appear to understand the math involved.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, context can matter. You failed to show that it did, and you do not appear to understand the math involved.

3rdAngel

Seriously, circles are flat. There is no "circle of the Earth" because it is not flat. Using that term implies a flat Earth.

Sure there is. A sphere is a three dimensional circle. If one was to see the earth far away from space it would look like a circle, just like the sun and the moon.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Not really. You were provided the context of all the surrounding scriptures and asked you to show me where does it say in anything you provided that ISAIAH is saying that the earth is flat? It doesn't and you keep avoiding this question and you know it because it shows why you are in error.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Again your posts tell us that you failed geometry. A circle is flat. If one goes to the Hebrew word used an inscribed ciecle, one made with a compass, can only be a flat two dimensional circle. The fuller context does not help your claim at all. You complain about "belittling" and then display an inability to follow the discussion and make a rather weak personal attack of your own.

I suggest that you remove the beam from your eye.

No need. I am only being honest with you. You wanted an honest discussion right? Seems to be only going one way though sadly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nonsense! You were provided the context of all the surrounding scriptures and asked you to show me where does it say in anything you provided that ISAIAH is saying that the earth is flat? It doesn't and you keep avoiding this question and you know it because it shows why you are in error.
You provided context. None was needed. The verse itself describes the Earth as flat. Circles are flat. Circles drawn with a compass cannot be three dimensional.

3rdAngel

No. That really does not fly. Circles are by definition two dimensional.

Spheres are the most basic three dimensional objects that you will encounter in Astronomy. A sphere is defined much like a circle , except it is in 3 dimensions. Therefore, it is defined as the set of all points in space that are equally distant from a center.

Now please show me the scripture that says in ISAIAH that the earth is flat? - Still waiting

3rdAngel

You provided context. None was needed. The verse itself describes the Earth as flat. Circles are flat. Circles drawn with a compass cannot be three dimensional.

Sure it is needed as the context was provided to show that the topic of conversation was not that the earth was flat it was that God is the creator and God of all and sits on top of the earth and we are like grasshoppers

Now please show me the scripture that says in ISAIAH that the earth is flat? - Still waiting

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Seriously, circles are flat. There is no "circle of the Earth" because it is not flat. Using that term implies a flat Earth.

You either have scripture for your claims or you do not. I guess you do not. You too busy trying to make the scriptures say things that they do not say.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Spheres are the most basic three dimensional objects that you will encounter in Astronomy. A sphere is defined much like a circle , except it is in 3 dimensions. Therefore, it is defined as the set of all points in space that are equally distant from a center.

That is a little better. A sphere may be "like a circle", but it is not a circle. There is a Hebrew word that works as a sphere. They had balls back then. Yet a term for a flat Earth was used instead. That implies a Flat Earth. By the way, so did Satan showing Jesus the entire Earth from a high point. You used a weak "Roman world" excuse. But again, that implies that Jesus was not divine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure it is needed as the context was provided to show that the topic of conversation was not that the earth was flat

You do not seem to understand the fact that the Earth is never described as a sphere in the Bible. All verses describing the Earth only describe it in terms that apply to a Flat Earth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible does not say that the world is round (or spherical). The concept of a firmament, mentioned in Genesis 1:6-8 actually implies a flat earth.

Isaiah 40:22
Correct. The Bible only implies that the Earth is flat. It does not state it openly. It never describes the Earth as a sphere. Going to bed.

3rdAngel

That is a little better. A sphere may be "like a circle", but it is not a circle. There is a Hebrew word that works as a sphere. They had balls back then. Yet a term for a flat Earth was used instead. That implies a Flat Earth. By the way, so did Satan showing Jesus the entire Earth from a high point. You used a weak "Roman world" excuse. But again, that implies that Jesus was not divine.

Not really as I did no such thing. I provided the Roman map only to show what was the known world and the world ruling Kingdom in the days of JESUS in relation to "I will show you the kingdoms of the world". Please do not pretend I was saying things I have never said. That is simply being dishonest on your behalf.

3rdAngel

i provided the scripture. You have only ignored it or misunderstood what it says.

Nonsense. You claimed that ISAIAH 40:22 says that the earth is flat. You were than posted all the context around ISAIAH 40:22 that was showing that the context and topic of conversation of ISAIAH 40:22 has nothing to do with stating that the earth is flat. Then you were asked to show me where these scriptures were saying that the earth is flat. You have continued to ignore this question and have not provided a single reference that says that the earth is flat. Yet you continue to twist the scriptures to try and make them say things that they are not saying despite being shown why you are in error.

3rdAngel

The Bible does not say that the world is round (or spherical). The concept of a firmament, mentioned in Genesis 1:6-8 actually implies a flat earth.

Isaiah 40:22

I guess like you were trying to claim earlier JESUS drank no water when he was fasting in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights. But seriously back to your post. NO the bible says no such thing. That is your faulty interpretation of the scriptures. Where is the scripture that says that the earth is flat? There is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.