• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting an example

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Those in the USA who would defend the status quo with regards to firearms, or who would not like to see restrictions so as to limit their ability to own what they want, how about this applying all around the world. That is, would you like to see guns freely available, as they generally are in the USA, in every other country, or is the USA in some unique position? Granted that some countries already are similar.

And if not, why not.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Those in the USA who would defend the status quo with regards to firearms, or who would not like to see restrictions so as to limit their ability to own what they want, how about this applying all around the world. That is, would you like to see guns freely available, as they generally are in the USA, in every other country, or is the USA in some unique position? Granted that some countries already are similar.

And if not, why not.

In my opinion, I don't see it as a problem for the US. We are at our heart Isolationists and other then Canada and Mexico pretty much isolated from any gun related issue's. Some will probably look at it as a way for the oppressed to overturn their oppressive government.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

And if not, why not.

And you don't think they are now?

leov

And if not, why not.
Hmm, somehow criminals in any country are capable to get forbidden weapons.

Altfish

Veteran Member

And if not, why not.
I was in Manchester, UK on Friday going round the Christmas Markets. I was horrified that the police were carrying rifles. Very sad times.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

And if not, why not.
Ours is not a one size fits all solution.
It doesn't even fit us all that well.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I was in Manchester, UK on Saturday going round the Christmas Markets. I was horrified that the police were carrying rifles. Very sad times.

I was in Manchester recently after not having visited for many years and I was quite surprised. Thought I was in London! :D

We no doubt can thank a Mr Khan for the gun presence.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I was in Manchester recently after not having visited for many years and I was quite surprised. Thought I was in London! :D

We no doubt can thank a Mr Khan for the gun presence.
Mr Khan? Not sure who you mean?
More like Mr Abedi or the IRA

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hmm, somehow criminals in any country are capable to get forbidden weapons.
That utterly ignores difficulty. We see a lot of crimes in other nations that don't involve guns. And that argues in favor of no laws allowing criminals and terrorists easy access to weapons with nothing standing in their way.

So you're arguing in favor of allowing all terrorists to get AK-47's and to murder many people.

By contrast, the facts not the emotional ideology of the right shows what happens when guns are rare. Just take the recent UK terrorist incident as a classic example.

The US needs to stop worshiping guns, putting them on an alter and singing hosannas to them.

leov

That utterly ignores difficulty. We see a lot of crimes in other nations that don't involve guns. And that argues in favor of no laws allowing criminals and terrorists easy access to weapons with nothing standing in their way.

So you're arguing in favor of allowing all terrorists to get AK-47's and to murder many people.

By contrast, the facts not the emotional ideology of the right shows what happens when guns are rare. Just take the recent UK terrorist incident as a classic example.

The US needs to stop worshiping guns, putting them on an alter and singing hosannas to them.
When I lived in the Soviet Union, nobody in civil population considered having guns because of safety reasons. Being 11 years old, I remember I built .22 myself, some other Kids too. By 12 we forgot the whole thing, playing soccer, e.t.c., was much more fun.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

And if not, why not.

Why not, democracy. If a group/country through their votes or representatives choose to restrict guns, not my business to tell them how to enact their laws.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't know...I prefer the European way...
Firearms are too dangerous to be available...

Last edited: