• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set, show me how

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Does Set represent chaos? I knew that serpent Apep did, who he fought with Ra to battle against. But I always understood Set to be the embodiment of Yang as opposed to Yin, in that he represents darkness and destruction.

But I have very limited reading on the subject. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what is it about chaos that inspires you? Why do you want to embody chaos and bring it where you go?

Viker

Häxan
Set will show you order from chaos and chaos into order. He's a god of war, wilderness, foreign land and disaster. But he provides insight to a calm among upheaval and demonstrates strategies for peace and growth. Rameses the Great chose him wisely.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yes

I intend on restructuring society as I see fit. I see this as order, though the rest of the world would assess this as chaos. I have big plans
Restructuring society is stressful and difficult. Restructuring our own personal world is much easier and more beneficial. IMO

Viker

Häxan
Hymn to Set

To Set of the shifting desert sands, I offer my praise.
Thundering son of the earth and the starry sky,
beloved of Nephthys who soothes the sorrowing,
defender of Ra on the bright sun-barque,
you stand at the bow, ever ready, ever able,
smiter of the serpent, battler of your brother,
lord of the red lands and of the oasis,
strong of arm and strong of resolve, I honor you.
Great is your mettle, great is your might,
O Set who sends the storm, whose power is of the will,
whose being is of necessity: yours are the days
of desperation, yours the times of transformation.
Shaker of the skies, O Set of many guises,
Set of many tales, to you do we turn for strength,
in you do we seek our survival–hail to you, O god!

Hymns to the Gods of Ancient Egypt - Hymn to Set lyrics