• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set isn't Satan

is Set, the same as Satan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
No, I'm not. And that is actually a different subject/ equation, altogether. You wouldn't approach the thread premise question, in the same manner, at all. A certain relational can be there, and in another context, it isn't. The thread question is quite literal, and meant to be answered in that manner, ie even archetypes of an almost exact persona, may not be the ''same'', character.
Your arguments are essentially off topic.

As far as I can tell, anything not explicitly agreeing with you is "off topic." Like I said I have no expectation of you addressing anything, so don't sweat it :))

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well in one of my many questions you blatantly ignored, I asked why a modern association of Set and Satan would not be enough to say that, at least in the right context, they are in fact identical. Of course I know better than to expect any useful answer at this point!

You're talking about discussions for another thread. You can make that argument if you want.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
As far as I can tell, anything not explicitly agreeing with you is "off topic." Like I said I have no expectation of you addressing anything, so don't sweat it :))

You've gotten answers for your questions, you don't seem to be reading them.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
@1137

I am beginning to wonder if you have ever actually read any of the translations of the myths you keep referring to, particularly the ones involving Enki/ Ea... or if your impression of these myths come from summaries written by those who have.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
@1137

I am beginning to wonder if you have ever actually read any of the translations of the myths you keep referring to, particularly the ones involving Enki/ Ea... or if your impression of these myths come from summaries written by those who have.

I've already admitted I'm certainly not well versed in Sumerian myth, only what I learned in the times of my academic study.