• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serving Satan

Prima

Satan is often used as a synonym for evil by Christians. So if you're using it in this way, and you're using God as a synonym for good...then in general, yes, people tend to pick one side or the other. But some people are serving neither.

precept

DianeVera said:
Not only that, but consider the following: (1) to serve "God," you absolutely must fawn over him, whereas (2) to serve Satan, all you have to do is to be yourself.

Humans, in being themselves exemplify satan's perfect character of selfishness or the "me first" syndrome.
Humans, in "being like Christ" EXEMPLIFY THE CHARACTER OF CHRIST..." For scarcely for a righteous man will one die:yet peradventure for a GOOD MAN some would even dare to die. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us". GOD'S ULTIMATE UNSELFISHNESS is ours when we are like Him.

DianeVera said:
Consider further: Which of the above two is more likely to be in tune with the will of the true cosmic God, the actual Creator, if we assume that the will of the true Creator is reflected in the nature of the creation?

Satan's desire to be like the Most High God continues unabated.

Isaiah 14:12-15 " How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit". ....."And the devil and Satan was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast out with him".

God's creation is in disarray because of evil....Man's heart is evil continually and "being one" with your "cosmic god", is being one with Evil

precept

Prima

The Bible also says that man truly is God. So if I am truly myself, am I not truly God? How could I be truly Satan?

precept

Prima said:
The Bible also says that man truly is God. So if I am truly myself, am I not truly God? How could I be truly Satan?

The bible says no such thing! What the bible says is as follows in Psalm 82:6
"I have said, Ye are "gods"; AND ALL OF YOU ARE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH!".

precept

Maize said:
"If you don't serve my God, you serve Satan"

I've heard this line more than once from certain groups. Do you agree with this statement, or is it hurtful and detrimental to the user's overall message and to whom it is said?

well the qoute is partly true
a belief can only manifest another belief if the first one has made it's way into reality first while the second is in progress,you understand god more of a entity than a spirit vice-versa for satan and through time this vice-versa effect will occur if both beliefs last long enough to be introduced onto the next civilization.

i myself would have to say beieving is euqally as powerful as wishing
1.you wish for something you will get it ,but most people forget to stop wishing.
2.you believe in god to much he grows to powerful then you become your own mental problem.