• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serving Satan

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
sometimes I wonder if Christians themselves do more unintentionall serving of Satan than nonChristians. When a Christian tends to do it, it is magnified.

wa:do

SoulTYPE

Basically, what God is saying is "if you do not follow me, you re evil."

God's plan is to run the world as He sees fit. He sees any disbeliever as a "mortal who wishes the upset of God's plans."

This is what I got from the question of the thread, anyways.

linwood

Mister Emu said:
Depends on the Satanist you talk to, the one who lived across from my brother a while back served Lucifer, Believed everything in the Bible except the end, he thought in the end Satan was going to win. Then on another forum there was a satanist who followed Lucifer, he said Satan wants to prove to God that he can run a good group of people too, so they had a set of morals exactly the same as a Christian.
Well now Mr.Emu we both know these friends of your s are apostates.

Unless you enter The Church of Satan and follow the scripture as set down by [font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Anton LaVey you`re no true Satanist.

:)
[/font]

Circle_One

In my opinion, I've ran into quite a few Christians who've blatantly and openly told me I was going to hell and I would burn for all eternity because of the beliefs I choose to follow. Hearing that doesn't make me want to run off and convert. It makes me think why would I want to convert to a religion which certain followers make out to be ignorant, biased and intolerant of others. Now I KNOW that that is not the case for 95% of Christians, so don't get me wrong, but there are a select few who make Christianity out to seem that way and it bothers me, it certainly doesn't make me want to convert.

fromthe heart

Circle_One said:
In my opinion, I've ran into quite a few Christians who've blatantly and openly told me I was going to hell and I would burn for all eternity because of the beliefs I choose to follow. Hearing that doesn't make me want to run off and convert. It makes me think why would I want to convert to a religion which certain followers make out to be ignorant, biased and intolerant of others. Now I KNOW that that is not the case for 95% of Christians, so don't get me wrong, but there are a select few who make Christianity out to seem that way and it bothers me, it certainly doesn't make me want to convert.
It's a shame that you encountered that...but some believe if you aren't with God then you are against Him and for the Devil...I think there is a passage in the Bible that says you can't serve 2 masters and that's why they come off so strong...but there is also an old saying you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...:tsk: bad saying since we aren't flies are we? LOL

Circle_One

I have a lot of Christian friends who do not act that way. They are not ecstatic with my beliefs, but they do not condemn nor ostricize me because of them. But I have met many who treat me as I posted earlier.

I, however, have no scruples against anyone of differing faiths, even with those who tend to have them against me.

I agree, there is rarely a situation where there are only two issues and issues are almost never mutually exclusive. Besides, if everything comes from Him, shouldn't evil as well as good?

Edit: I'm agreeing with Jewscount

true blood

You may call me Terry, you may call me Timmy,
You may call me Bobby, you may call me Zimmy,
You may call me R.J., you may call me Ray,
You may call me anything but no matter what you say

You're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody.
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Bobby Dylan.

linwood

[font=Courier, Courier New] Now you see this one-eyed midget
Shouting the word "NOW"
And you say, "For what reason?"
And he says, "How?"
And you say, "What does this mean?"
And he screams back, "You're a cow
Give me some milk
Or else go home"

Bob Dylan
[/font]

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Holy crap!!! goodjewishboy that is the best frigin avatar i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!
i am seriously jealous:jiggy:
frubals and coins for you man!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
linwood said:
[font=Courier, Courier New] Now you see this one-eyed midget
Shouting the word "NOW"
And you say, "For what reason?"
And he says, "How?"
And you say, "What does this mean?"
And he screams back, "You're a cow
Give me some milk
Or else go home"

Bob Dylan
[/font]
The really scary thing is, you might be quoting an actual song, and I wouldn't be able to differentiate between the actual Bob Dylan quote and a parody of him.

Speaking of lyrics in this particular thread, I'm sure everyone would tell me the next line, if I was to say "Pleased to meet you..." :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
FeathersInHair writes: The really scary thing is, you might be quoting an actual song, and I wouldn't be able to differentiate between the actual Bob Dylan quote and a parody of him.
Try repeating it in the incomprehensible voice that he uses today. Try It-IT'S FUN!!!

linwood

The really scary thing is, you might be quoting an actual song, and I wouldn't be able to differentiate between the actual Bob Dylan quote and a parody of him.
It`s a Dylan tune.
The Ballad of the Thin Man.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Maize said:
"If you don't serve my God, you serve Satan"

I've heard this line more than once from certain groups. Do you agree with this statement, or is it hurtful and detrimental to the user's overall message and to whom it is said?
"If you're not with us then you're against us."

I don't think that the person means that you are actively worshipping the Devil. Rather, the person is refering to the belief that all Satan has to do to "win" (people's souls) is to get them to not believe in God (or the correct god).

What I find so laughable about that statement is that it unwittingly makes Satan more powerful than God. God ends up with what, about a third of the world's current population, while Satan gets the other two third. Assuming that God is a loving God and not the elitist countryclub manager that some Christians paint God to be, ending up with less than one-third (far less over history) of the "battleground" does not sound like much of a victory in this "war."

zero9

Anyone ever seen the movie, "The Village"? It's fairly new and from first glance it seems like a regular horror movie. Well, in this movie, 6 or so people decide that life and money are killing their chances of a good life, so the owner of a huge national park builds a historical village and they live as if it was the old days. Ofcourse, you don't find out about that until later but the twist of the story is that they're surrounded by woods. And the elders of the village have drawn up boundries, he also says that if those boundries are crossed, "those we do not speak of" will bring about horrible things. More or less, if they try to cross the woods and look for more signs of life, the unspeakable monsters will hunt them down and then terrorize the village. You later find out that those creatures keeping you blocked in are the elders dressed up as demonic beings.

I mention that because perhaps it's the same concept when a Christian tells someone they're serving Satan if they don't serve their God.

I think if you asked someone why they would say that, they couldnt just answer you by saying, "this is right and that is wrong". Because there are people in my town who are strict followers of Jesus, but they're as racist as it comes... So in the end, all of us could be wrong.