• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sentient Pyramidal Rocks

Ellen Brown

A Science Fiction writer, years ago, perhaps Anne Mccaffrey, wrote a series that had very long lived, sentient beings that were shaped like pyramidal rocks. By very long lived, I mean more than millions of years.

Does anyone know who the author is? A book title would be nice. :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A Science Fiction writer, years ago, perhaps Anne Mccaffrey, wrote a series that had very long lived, sentient beings that were shaped like pyramidal rocks. By very long lived, I mean more than millions of years.

Maybe "Wolfbane" by Frederik Pohl?

It has some pyramid aliens in it. I think it was just a novel, not a series and they were machines not rocks, so now that I think about it probably not what you were looking for.

Ellen Brown

Maybe "Wolfbane" by Frederik Pohl?

It has some pyramid aliens in it. I think it was just a novel, not a series and they were machines not rocks, so now that I think about it probably not what you were looking for.

Could be you are correct. I was reading Sci Fi in the late 50s. Started off with "The Red Planet" by Heinlein. Then to Frederick Pohl, Anderson, Andre Norton, Anne Mccaffrey, Asomov, and a score more...

"Tool Maker's Koan" being one of the best.

whirlingmerc

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.13.47 PM.png

Missile to the moon?