• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sensations on your body?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I know this may be a weird question, but please answer me :D

How frequently do you get itches that need scratching on your body - and more specifically, your head?

And do you ever get random pressure/prodding sensations on your body? And, more specifically, your head?

I need to find out what's normal

I cannot remember what normal is :(

please, let me know :)

Rational Agnostic

I know this may be a weird question, but please answer me :D

How frequently do you get itches that need scratching on your body - and more specifically, your head?

And do you ever get random pressure/prodding sensations on your body? And, more specifically, your head?

I need to find out what's normal

I cannot remember what normal is :(

please, let me know :)

I sometimes get severe itching on my head when riding a bike while wearing a helmet. It's very annoying because that is when I can't scratch it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
as for itching, yes, I itch frequently...quite likely because I'm allergic to lots of stuff so my skin gets irritated. What works best for me is to wash regularly with mild body wash and shampoo.

As for the pressure sensations, yes, I get those as well. Usually only notice these when at rest and if meditating or other doing 'spiritual' work.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There have been times when I sat down to meditate that every little bodily sensation was very much magnified. I'm not alone - a friend once wrote a short one act play about everything that can be felt and the struggle to not be caught by it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It depends what shampoo or shower gel i use. Some can drive me crazy to the point my skin can become very sore where I've been scratching. I tend to avoid them.

Try changing your shampoo to a different brand. You never know, it may do the trick

No random prodding so i can't comment on that

SESMeT

I don't itch very often but talking about itchiness makes it much more likely that I will start to itch.

And I never get the prodding thing.