• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate upholds findings re Russia

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From The Hill ...

Senate panel upholds finding that Russia backed Trump, contradicting House

The Senate Intelligence Committee has unequivocally upheld the conclusion of the intelligence community that Russia developed a "clear preference" for then-candidate Donald Trump in the 2016 election and sought to help him win the White House.

The assessment, announced in an unclassified summary released Tuesday, represents a direct repudiation of the committee’s counterpart in the House — and of President Trump himself, who has consistently rejected assertions that Moscow sought to bolster his candidacy through its election interference.

“The Committee has spent the last 16 months reviewing the sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning the Intelligence Community Assessment and sees no reason to dispute the conclusions,” said Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a statement.

< -- snip -- >

In yet another contradiction to Trump allies claims, the Senate panel also found that a piece of Democratic-funded opposition research known as the Steele dossier did not "in any way inform the analysis in the ICA — including the key findings."

This was "because it was unverified information and had not been disseminated as serialized intelligence reporting," the Senate report found.

All in all, the Senate panel's report was a unflinching contradiction of many of the core claims made by Trump allies in the House. ...​

Meanwhile, we can expect Trump and his servile supporters to carry on as usual, which means doing what they can to enable a repeat in the upcoming elections while debasing the USA.

Have a great Fourth of July, folks.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Many European countries, including mine had a "clear preference" for then-candidate Donald Trump in the 2016 election ...because Hillary was behind the destabilization of Libya and Syria...so, no lesbian terrorists, thank you.

Does this mean we helped him win?

You often presume to speak for the whole of Europe, yet I doubt that you're actually in any position to do so...

...and what exactly is the phrase "lesbian terrorists" supposed to even mean?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Doesn't everyone, and every country, have a "clear preference" in any election?
It's only when assistance is proffered that a line is crossed.

The Senate report found that Russia had intervened in the election to support Trump.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess the ghost of Senator McCarthy must be haunting the Senate.

"I have here in my hand a list of 205 . . . a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department. .

As you know, very recently the Secretary of State proclaimed his loyalty to a man guilty of what has always been considered as the most abominable of all crimes—being a traitor to the people who gave him a position of great trust—high treason. . . .

He has lighted the spark which is resulting in a moral uprising and will end only when the whole sorry mess of twisted, warped thinkers are swept from the national scene so that we may have a new birth of honesty and decency in government."

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
From The Hill ...

The Senate Intelligence Committee has unequivocally upheld the conclusion of the intelligence community that Russia developed a "clear preference" for then-candidate Donald Trump in the 2016 election and sought to help him win the White House.

The assessment, announced in an unclassified summary released Tuesday, represents a direct repudiation of the committee’s counterpart in the House — and of President Trump himself, who has consistently rejected assertions that Moscow sought to bolster his candidacy through its election interference.

“The Committee has spent the last 16 months reviewing the sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning the Intelligence Community Assessment and sees no reason to dispute the conclusions,” said Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a statement.

< -- snip -- >

In yet another contradiction to Trump allies claims, the Senate panel also found that a piece of Democratic-funded opposition research known as the Steele dossier did not "in any way inform the analysis in the ICA — including the key findings."

This was "because it was unverified information and had not been disseminated as serialized intelligence reporting," the Senate report found.

All in all, the Senate panel's report was a unflinching contradiction of many of the core claims made by Trump allies in the House. ...​

Meanwhile, we can expect Trump and his servile supporters to carry on as usual, which means doing what they can to enable a repeat in the upcoming elections while debasing the USA.

Happy 4th...

I wonder what Trump will say now?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
From The Hill ...

< -- snip -- >

Yeah? And? We did the same thing in Israel for BeeBee. So what? Still doesn't prove that anyone on this side of the pond "colluded" with anyone on that side. Countries try to influence elections in other countries as a matter of course.

The Senate report found that Russia had intervened in the election to support Trump.

Again, we do this all the time. BTW, I noticed this Senate report doesn't say how Russia intervened in the election. Evidently there was no laws broken or warrants would have been issued. Also, you are trying (IMHO) to make this look like a "smokin' gun" against the Trump administration and if you go back and read the report you'll see that so far this really has nothing to do with any given person or persons; the report basically is saying Russia was very active on social media. Well, duh...

Some day you may have a basis for jailing The Donald, but until then please be honest in your assessments; I know how intelligent you are, so don't try to hide it.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah? And? We did the same thing in Israel for BeeBee. So what? Still doesn't prove that anyone on this side of the pond "colluded" with anyone on that side. Countries try to influence elections in other countries as a matter of course.

Again, we do this all the time. BTW, I noticed this Senate report doesn't say how Russia intervened in the election. Evidently there was no laws broken or warrants would have been issued. Also, you are trying (IMHO) to make this look like a "smokin' gun" against the Trump administration and if you go back and read the report you'll see that so far this really has nothing to do with any given person or persons; the report basically is saying Russia was very active on social media. Well, duh...

Some day you may have a basis for jailing The Donald, but until then please be honest in your assessments; I know how intelligent you are, so don't try to hide it.

I am no trump fan. His support base is fundamentally alien
to me.

It does seem to me though, that should an effort to impeach
actually succeed, that the consequences would be bad
far far beyond the good in the accomplishment of "justice"- if
that were even what was actually involved.

Ye underestimators and failed predictors of the forces
that brought him to power now want to try to unseat him,
like they know how thst will turn out?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From The Hill ...

This is astounding news!

No, wait....we knew all along during the campaign that Russia preferred Trump to Hillary.
The real issue was whether Trump colluded with them.
Any news on that?
...we can expect Trump and his servile supporters...doing what they can to enable a repeat in the upcoming elections while debasing the USA.
Are you now one of Pence's "servile supporters"?
(You know...on the impeachment bandwagon.)
Talk about debasing the USA.....jeepers!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am no trump fan. His support base is fundamentally alien
to me.

It does seem to me though, that should an effort to impeach
actually succeed, that the consequences would be bad
far far beyond the good in the accomplishment of "justice"- if
that were even what was actually involved.

Ye underestimators and failed predictors of the forces
that brought him to power now want to try to unseat him,
like they know how thst will turn out?
They have hatred for Trump, & think not of consequences for actions, eh.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Um, nothing to do with lesbians at all that I can see?
There's a common RW attack upon Hillary that she's a lesbian.
While being married to Bill could sour one on men, it's just an baseless insult.

Look at me, using "RW"....people will think I'm @tytlyf.

james dixon

Premium Member

That is called colluding with a foreign (enemy) country. This can also be considered a treasonous act.

Trump’s loyalty is to himself and none other; not his children, his wife or the United States of America.

He is a bonified traitor threw and threw

In my view

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Pence and Trump are one of a kind.
They're 2 different kinds.....just on the same team.
One area where lefties & I find agreement is on Pence's theocratic agenda.
We wouldn't want him filling up SCOTUS.

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
They're 2 different kinds.....just on the same team.
I wouldn't want him filling up SCOTUS.
Yep, no thanks. It will be interesting to see if the Senate will play hardball with this nomination. I hope so, only because I want it to happen after the midterms. Which might be the case regardless. We shall see.

james dixon

Premium Member

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents Congress from making any law respecting an establishment of religion, prohibiting the free exercise of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or to petition for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.
https://tinyurl.com/6s4s59a

Please inform Pence that he needs to keep his theological views to himself.