• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Committee to invest top FBI and Justice officials for “attempted bureaucratic coup”

sooda

Veteran Member
The FBI has a role to investigate what could be crimes, which is exactly what they were doing with McCabe and others as he could not make the decision on his own. Then it's up to the cabinet and the VP to go on from there. It is not Pence's role to call for such an investigation nor deny one.

So, what evidence can you present that indicates that what happened was some sort of anti-Trump conspiracy? Didn't what Trump did send up any red flags with you, especially after firing Comey and stating that he did it at least in part to stop Comey's investigation? And what about Trump's relationships with Manafort and Flynn, both of what we now know had Russian contacts associated with Putin?

To put it another way, it would have been totally careless and irresponsible for the FBI not to investigate Trump based on these and other pieces of information that were surfacing, some of which we may not yet been made aware of.

Therefore, it is clearly you that's making a rush to judgement, not me with a red herring, as I much prefer mine with Italian bread crumbs sauteed in some olive oil with some garlic. Now look what you've done as I just drooled on my keyboard.

Remember when Trump told the Russians that he had fired a real crazy nutjob so the pressure on him was eased and he was not under investigation?

Additionally he exposed and compromised Israeli intelligence. Its like he has no self control or he simply never thinks.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Lindsey Graham is increasingly weird.. He was long time best friends with McCain and now he jumps at every chance to carry water for Trump ..
I think it's likely because of his having to run for reelection next year, and since he's now parroting Trump his approval rating in South Carolina has jumped significantly.

sooda

Veteran Member
I think it's likely because of his having to run for reelection next year, and since he's now parroting Trump his approval rating in South Carolina has jumped significantly.

I wonder.. Lots of soybean farmers in SC got hurt by Trump to the tune of $187 million.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The FBI has a role to investigate what could be crimes, which is exactly what they were doing with McCabe and others as he could not make the decision on his own. Then it's up to the cabinet and the VP to go on from there. It is not Pence's role to call for such an investigation nor deny one.

So, what evidence can you present that indicates that what happened was some sort of anti-Trump conspiracy? Didn't what Trump did send up any red flags with you, especially after firing Comey and stating that he did it at least in part to stop Comey's investigation? And what about Trump's relationships with Manafort and Flynn, both of what we now know had Russian contacts associated with Putin?

To put it another way, it would have been totally careless and irresponsible for the FBI not to investigate Trump based on these and other pieces of information that were surfacing, some of which we may not yet been made aware of.

Therefore, it is clearly you that's making a rush to judgement, not me with a red herring, as I much prefer mine with Italian bread crumbs sauteed in some olive oil with some garlic. Now look what you've done as I just drooled on my keyboard.
A quick search on the internet turned up many examples of FBI personnel being
investigated for crimes. So while they have the job of investigating what merits
their attention, they are not above having the same process turned in their direction.
We shall see what turns up.

ecco

Veteran Member
There are two possible situations that I suspect that the intelligence community would keep secret from the American people and the press. One would be that the Russians fixed the election, that Clinton was the legitimate winner, and that Trump is an illegitimate president.
As much as I abhor the results of the 2016 elections, I don't think ballots were stuffed.

Clinton lost because...
  • Russian influence playing to the fears of the great unwashed.
  • Dem voters lulled to staying home by the polls showing that she was a shoo-in.
  • Dem voters supporting Sanders and staying home.
  • The email releases and the Comey comments about reopening the investigation causing some middle of the roaders to stay home or vote for Trump.

sooda

Veteran Member
A quick search on the internet turned up many examples of FBI personnel being
investigated for crimes. So while they have the job of investigating what merits
their attention, they are not above having the same process turned in their direction.
We shall see what turns up.

McCabe spent the first 10 years of his career investigating Russian crimes.... and the guy has a good record.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I wonder.. Lots of soybean farmers in SC got hurt by Trump to the tune of $187 million.
As well as here in Michigan, and we're facing a double-whammy because of the negative effects over Trump's manufacturing tariffs on China that already is negatively affecting the auto industry here with Ford and G.M. sharply changing what they're going to produce in the near future.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
McCabe spent the first 10 years of his career investigating Russian crimes.... and the guy has a good record.
I suspect that an investigation wouldn't find anything worthy of prosecuting him.
But neither do I oppose investigating the situation.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think ballots were stuffed.

Why wouldn't the vote tallies be altered electronically? Because it's too difficult? Because of safeguards to prevent it? Because of the lack of will to tamper with the election results?

Here's my analysis: Was there the will to tamper with the outcome of the 2016 American presidential election and make Trump president rather than Clinton? If there was the will to do this, was there the means?

I think that the answer to both of these questions is an emphatic yes.

Regarding the second question first, from https://www.alternet.org/2017/07/de...nic-voting-machines-and-e-poll-books-minutes/ we have:
  • "Who says America's electronic voting machinery cannot be hacked? One of the world's largest and best-known hacker conventions, DEF CON, debuted an interactive "Voting Machine Hacker Village" this year at its annual gathering in Las Vegas. In some cases within minutes, and in other cases within a few hours, of the village doors' opening, hackers in attendance said they had successfully breached some systems. The security investigators claimed to have found major vulnerabilities or claimed to have breached every voting machine and system present."
OK, so we can assume that Putin had access to hackers just as smart as these.

Now ask yourself whether Putin had any incentive to install Trump into the White House, and whether he would if he could, or if he would decline even were it in his power to do so because it couldn't help him, or because it's just not right, or because it's just not democratic.

Looked at this way, I'd ask what the chances are that the numbers weren't modified by Russian hackers at Putin's behest assuming as I do that he possessed the will and had access to the skill. Isn't it a lot like asking what are the odds that a low-hanging apple on a tree will drop if someone hungry for it snips its stem, that is, if somebody with the will and skill to make it fall passes by?

Here's a second way of looking at the matter. Suppose the voting boxes had been tampered with and the vote counts altered to benefit one candidate over the other. What evidence of that might there be? We might expect that the results would deviate significantly from the polling, always in favor of the same candidate who was polled at being behind but then snatched a surprising upset victory in several significant states, and always by enough to prevent a recount. Would that raise suspicions?

From You’re not just imagining it: the Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump vote totals do look rigged
  • "there were four swing states in which Hillary Clinton was definitively favored to win, but she ended up losing: Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. In the final tallies she lost each of them by right around one percent of the vote. That’s not how numbers work. If Trump had won those four states legitimately due to pockets of voters that pollsters didn’t know about, we would have seen a more random dispersion of the results. Trump might have won one of those states by four percent, won another of them by two percent, lost another one percent, and so on. It is statistically suspicious that in every state where Donald Trump pulled off an upset, he won it by right around one percent, just what he needed to win it, no more and no less. Results don’t naturally play out that way. The final tallies in Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan read like someone went through and nudged each of them just over the mark so Trump would win them, but didn’t want to arouse too much suspicion by giving him any larger of a victory in those states than he needed."
You can decide for yourself if inference of vote total tampering should or can be taken from that. It would be so much easier to dismiss the idea of a rigged election had one or two of the states predicted to go to Trump had gone to Hillary, or if Hillary had lost some states by much less than was predicted to indicate a random nature to these anomalies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can decide for yourself if inference of vote total tampering should or can be taken from that. It would be so much easier to dismiss the idea of a rigged election had one or two of the states predicted to go to Trump had gone to Hillary, or if Hillary had lost some states by much less than was predicted to indicate a random nature to these anomalies.
Let's look at this another way....
Who has the strongest experience with vote tampering?
Illinois Democrats.
Who received far more votes than were indicated by my yard sign survey?
Hillary.
Clearly, the DNC boinked the pooch not only by picking the wrong candidate,
but then their hacking the voting machines was insufficient.

It's as cromulent as the other conspiracy theories.

ecco

Veteran Member
From You’re not just imagining it: the Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump vote totals do look rigged
  • "there were four swing states in which Hillary Clinton was definitively favored to win, but she ended up losing: Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. In the final tallies she lost each of them by right around one percent of the vote. That’s not how numbers work.
You can decide for yourself...
One thing that I would decide for myself is that I'd need something more than a "Palmer Report".

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I said it sounds like treason. Maybe Mueller should get on to that one. It sounds far more serious.
Or MAYBE Mueller is fine where he is, and the department of Justice can investigate two different things at once, rather than just the one you really really want to be true, as opposed to the one you really really want not to be?

Shad

Veteran Member
Lindsey Graham is increasingly weird.. He was long time best friends with McCain and now he jumps at every chance to carry water for Trump ..

A lot of conservative Republicans I know are just as baffled by Graham change of heart.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Or MAYBE Mueller is fine where he is, and the department of Justice can investigate two different things at once, rather than just the one you really really want to be true, as opposed to the one you really really want not to be?
Well it looks like he will be done next week.

Justice Department preparing for Mueller report as soon as next week: reports

Of course we know this is true and accurate because Democrats never lie and they're also efficient and keeping promises on something as important as this. I'm sure they won't postpone anything or go the route that this is just a partial report etc etc and draw it out out just a wee bit longer..

Then his calendar will be wide open for another fun investigation. I'm sure Mueller will jump right on it.

whirlingmerc

Why do people hate or despise Trump? A couple of years ago I had never heard of him. I neither hated nor despised him. Then he ran for office and said and did a lot of things.

• He said John McCain was no war hero.
  • He made fun of a handicapped journalist.
  • He denigrated a Silver Star family.
  • He insulted every one of his opponents in the primaries using tactics like juvenile name calling.
  • Whenever the Media/Press confronted him, he shouted "Fake News".
  • He insulted the leaders of our European allies.
  • He lied about the Flynn affair.
  • He unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear treaty against the advice of the intelligence community.
  • He rejected AGW Climate Change.
  • He takes the word of Putin over our intelligence community.
  • He gave a world stage to NK's Kim.
  • Need I go on?

Trump should try to be more diplomatic

Shaul

Premium Member
Why do people hate or despise Trump? A couple of years ago I had never heard of him. I neither hated nor despised him. Then he ran for office and said and did a lot of things.

• He said John McCain was no war hero.
  • He made fun of a handicapped journalist.
  • He denigrated a Silver Star family.
  • He insulted every one of his opponents in the primaries using tactics like juvenile name calling.
  • Whenever the Media/Press confronted him, he shouted "Fake News".
  • He insulted the leaders of our European allies.
  • He lied about the Flynn affair.
  • He unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear treaty against the advice of the intelligence community.
  • He rejected AGW Climate Change.
  • He takes the word of Putin over our intelligence community.
  • He gave a world stage to NK's Kim.
  • Need I go on?
Need you go on? Well, since these things aren’t facts at all but merely your biased opinions I say, no, there is no need.

Shaul

Premium Member

Nope. The FBI doesn’t have unlimited jurisdiction. According to the Constitution a sitting President may be investigated by Congress for the purpose of impeachment and removal, not the FBI.

Using the FBI as a political tool is a dangerous precedent.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Well it looks like he will be done next week.

Justice Department preparing for Mueller report as soon as next week: reports

Of course we know this is true and accurate because Democrats never lie and they're also efficient and keeping promises on something as important as this. I'm sure they won't postpone anything or go the route that this is just a partial report etc etc and draw it out out just a wee bit longer..

Then his calendar will be wide open for another fun investigation. I'm sure Mueller will jump right on it.
Speaking of things that sound like treason; Donald Trump "may have committed treason," national security expert warns

I await the imminent handwave and goalpost shift with m uch anticipation.