• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Self, Son of Man, and Glorification of God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why do a majority of Christians not glorify God in the body of mankind, or son of man?

John 14:20

Why do most abrahamic believers not exalt God in the earth?

psalms 46:10

Last edited:

Truth in love

Why do a majority of Christians not glorify God in the body of mankind, or son of man?

Why do most brahamic believers not exalt God in the earth?

My guess is that the popular Greek notion of the body being bad was grafted into a lot of Christian tradition.

idea

Question Everything

Why do most brahamic believers not exalt God in the earth?

Religion is a tribal construct. Groups with classism/heirarchies embrace beliefs of worshipping a human dictator/leader. Other groups embrace following principles rather than some person - principles are better than people in my opinion.

idea

Question Everything
My guess is that the popular Greek notion of the body being bad was grafted into a lot of Christian tradition.

The Greeks were correct - humans are imperfect.

It is better to follow principles, follow ideas, follow concepts -

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No man is God was a humans evil thinker answer. Direct advised.

You aren't the planets mass not reacting now. Now where you live.

Human is now...you look back at non reacting planet mass now. The comparing says no man is God. Now.

You theist human man did not accept the answer.

Baby man. Looks back thinks about his first two human parents. Neither life body is yours to own. You came from microbial sperm ovary. A conceived position. Now.

Science keeps reiterating human life beginnings microbial...human body types only. Baby consciousness advised.

So you are told as a theist never are you the first humans. Exact.

You baby man liar are a liar as a thinker. Exactly told you are just a liar.

Parents two separate bodies live then die. Your human baby grows into different body types baby toddler Child teenager adult. Also not a theory.

You live you die too. Advice three holy human types die.

Advice I cannot think of on behalf of my sister. Why then theist do you man pretend you live now as a woman?

Proof you lied as a thinker as the woman you said hadn't died as a sister fourth is in your thoughts only. As you don't speak consciously on her behalf.

As one self that hadn't owned history of natural humans death by mans thought.

Theists are human liars. Men agreed brother liars theist the warning to all humans.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do most abrahamic believers not exalt God in the earth?
I think they are correct here. God is a fictitious idea. Abrahamic eligions are exclusivists. In my belief (Advaita, non-duality), all things are constituted by just one thing, right from humans to a grain of sand on a sea-beach.

idea

Question Everything
Humans are far from perfect, but the body itself is a great thing.

Racism, sexism, superficial judgements
Best to value personality, character, NOT value someone 's body.

My mom is deformed. I grew up learning the evils of those who judge & honor physical bodies.

Truth in love

Racism, sexism, superficial judgements
Best to value personality, character, NOT value someone 's body.

My mom is deformed. I grew up learning the evils of those who judge & honor physical bodies.

Honoring and respecting the body is not the same as judging it. Yes some are very fixated on them and mistreat others due to differences.

Others see all as equals despite differences.

idea

Question Everything
Honoring and respecting the body is not the same as judging it. Yes some are very fixated on them and mistreat others due to differences.

Others see all as equals despite differences.

It's not just physical body, but human characteristics which are problematic. Following a human leader, vs Following principles - human leaders abuse power, lie, will lead astray. Follow principles - follow ideas - not imperfect people. Take US - not led by king, no dictator, no self-proclaimed prophet - but instead led by ideas of equality, idea of justice, idea of freedom - led by ideas, not people. The best groups are united by principles, not heirarchies and unhealthy attachments to imperfect people.

Truth in love

It's not just physical body, but human characteristics which are problematic. Following a human leader, vs Following principles - human leaders abuse power, lie, will lead astray. Follow principles - follow ideas - not imperfect people. Take US - not led by king, no dictator, no self-proclaimed prophet - but instead led by ideas of equality, idea of justice, idea of freedom - led by ideas, not people. The best groups are united by principles, not heirarchies and unhealthy attachments to imperfect people.

Im all for principals over people.

idea

Question Everything
Im all for principals over people.

Immaterial principles as "god", rather than human grandfather as "god"?

We hope ideas/principles are made real in the flesh of course, but hope in that which is not true, faith in that which is not real, leads to oppressive heirarchies, cognitive dissonance over imperfections of leaders, unrealistic expectations of people.

Worship principles, not people, and keep expectations and beliefs as real as possible.
Most argue about god, but do not argue about principles... we're all on the same page if we let go of old men and flying spaghetti monsters.

Truth in love

Immaterial principles as "god", rather than human grandfather as "god"?

We hope ideas/principles are made real in the flesh of course, but hope in that which is not true, faith in that which is not real, leads to oppressive heirarchies, cognitive dissonance over imperfections of leaders, unrealistic expectations of people.

Worship principles, not people, and keep expectations and beliefs as real as possible.
Most argue about god, but do not argue about principles... we're all on the same page if we let go of old men and flying spaghetti monsters.

I don’t worship mortals. I respect many.

Principles matter, but they don’t replace God

idea

Question Everything
I don’t worship mortals. I respect many.

Principles matter, but they don’t replace God

Usually, to worship "god" is to worship what an organization tells you is god. Following "god" for most is following a church leader, it is following a person.

God told me to tell you.... haha... God did not tell them anything, they are pushing their own agenda. (No group is immune, how you see other faiths, believing other faiths are not actually led by god, is to see your own faith too)

If you follow your own defined "god" - rather than following a church defined god - you are following your own principles at least... or perhaps "god" talks to you directly, in which case you might want to seek medical help (auditory/visual hallucinations are real too). Group-think is a dangerous thing, is very real. Best to not 100% submit to following any group.... follow principles.

Last edited:

Truth in love

Usually, to worship "god" is to worship what an organization tells you is god. Following "god" for most is following a church leader, it is following a person.

God told me to tell you.... haha... God did not tell them anything, they are pushing their own agenda. (No group is immune, how you see other faiths, believing other faiths are not actually led by god, is to see your own faith too)

If you follow your own defined "god" - rather than following a church defined god - you are following your own principles at least.

God does call prophets, and they do speak for Him. We can know the teachings are true by trying them out ourselves and then the principal really becomes our own.

idea

Question Everything
God does call prophets, and they do speak for Him. We can know the teachings are true by trying them out ourselves and then the principal really becomes our own.

Yes, my dear Mdialogue friend.... I tried that route once. My kids were abused by your church - that high priest is now in jail for the rest of their life... callings do not come from god. church leaders are not led by god. the spirit is "elevation" - a herd bonding instinct, it is not from god, does not protect, and does not verify truth. no different from heaven's gate... I was thrown out of that site - from Mdialogue, for asking why GC talks were removed (for false stories), how congregations all raised their hands feeling "the spirit" confirming and supporting child molester in front of those kids.... now I know. Mormons, and so many others in all different groups, they all follow this -
no different from heaven's gate, or Jones, or Warren or the rest.
Mormons feel and follow, as so many other different groups do, they all follow this:
Elevation (emotion) - Wikipedia
it is not from god. just like bees following their queen, or wolves following their alpha, it is a herd bonding instinct. you follow a person.

Truth in love

Yes, my dear Mdialogue friend.... I tried that route once. My kids were abused by your church - that high priest is now in jail for the rest of their life... callings do not come from god. church leaders are not led by god. the spirit is "elevation" - a herd bonding instinct, it is not from god, does not protect, and does not verify truth. no different from heaven's gate... I was thrown out of that site - from Mdialogue, for asking why GC talks were removed (for false stories), how congregations all raised their hands feeling "the spirit" confirming and supporting child molester in front of those kids.... now I know. Mormons, and so many others in all different groups, they all follow this -
no different from heaven's gate, or Jones, or Warren or the rest.
Mormons feel and follow, as so many other different groups do, they all follow this:
Elevation (emotion) - Wikipedia
it is not from god. just like bees following their queen, or wolves following their alpha, it is a herd bonding instinct. you follow a person.

I sorry the abuse happened. It is wrong. It does not invalidate the truth.

idea

Question Everything
I sorry the abuse happened. It is wrong. It does not invalidate the truth.

It Invalides all who call, sustain, and support leaders. It Invalides any supposed authority anyone claims... I now associate that feeling - what you call the spirit - as what it really is. Animal herd instincts, chemicals, nothing more.