• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selections for the Feast of Qawl...

arthra

Baha'i
Next Tuesday November 21st - till sunset of Wednesday 22nd is the Feast of Qawl or translated is "Speech". Baha'i Feasts have selections of prayers often under the topic of the Feast and since it's a few days away I wanted to share one possible selection... Please feel free to add your own suggestions for a reading!

"When we speak let our speech be an outward evidence of the inner light, for we must speak the truth, otherwise we shall not act wisely.

"I hope that you will all become eloquent. The greatest gifts of man are reason and eloquence of expression. The perfect man is both intelligent and eloquent. He has knowledge and knows how to express it. Unless man express himself in this day he will remain like a closed casket and one cannot know whether it contain jewels or glass. I desire that all of you may speak on the material and divine sciences with clear and convincing words."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 103