• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seekers Unite!

allfoak

Alchemist
Is there a difference between being a seeker and being religious?

I would like to add that being a member of a religious group does not exclude one from being a seeker.
So what is a seeker?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Being a 'seeker' usually entails going out and looking for something on you own, not simply accepting what others may or may not have found. Everyone has to find their own truth.

allfoak

Alchemist
Being a 'seeker' usually entails going out and looking for something on you own, not simply accepting what others may or may not have found. Everyone has to find their own truth.

I like that idea of going out and doing it on your own.
I have been down the other path.
It is the only way.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
It seems that as i learn more about myself, i too have become more irreligious and a more non theistic seeker.
And strangely enough, i have always wandered but have never been lost.
I think the experience and the scenery are What was found. Knowledge of self and others is the trail mix of seekers

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It seems that as i learn more about myself, i too have become more irreligious and a more non theistic seeker.
And strangely enough, i have always wandered but have never been lost.
Hehehe.... I'm not looking for answers, the damned things just keep turning up on my path to stumble over.
Though I do not see myself as a seeker that does not mean I have not found more than most could possibly imagine.

allfoak

Alchemist
I think the experience and the scenery are What was found. Knowledge of self and others is the trail mix of seekers
Good stuff!
Love the imagery.
Worked on an organic farm and worked with a lot of hikers from the Appalachian Trail this past summer.
It was perfect!

allfoak

Alchemist
Hehehe.... I'm not looking for answers, the damned things just keep turning up on my path to stumble over.
Though I do not see myself as a seeker that does not mean I have not found more than most could possibly imagine.
I understand how that works.
Answers turn up for me in the strangest places and at the strangest times.
I can't even say anything about it sometimes cause it disturbs some people.
I can't tell people how it happens it just does.
I had a conversation with a friends 6 month old boy years ago and those people thought i was a god or something, it freaked them out.
So i don't talk about these things much anymore for the sake of others.
Perhaps that is how i end up on a message board.
It is an outlet.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are two basic kinds of seekers, (at least. maybe more) IMHO
- Those that are seeking a path, a way. a comfortable spot.
- Those that are seeking truth within themselves, Self-Realisation, Enlightenment, etc.

For this embodied jiva seeking is 100% of the second variety. The first one was over long long ago.

allfoak

Alchemist
There are two basic kinds of seekers, (at least. maybe more) IMHO
- Those that are seeking a path, a way. a comfortable spot.
- Those that are seeking truth within themselves, Self-Realisation, Enlightenment, etc.

For this embodied jiva seeking is 100% of the second variety. The first one was over long long ago.
It seems the comfortable spot is illusory.

allfoak

Alchemist
No idea what you mean. The Vedantin perspective that it's all illusion? Really, I have no idea.
It seems the misunderstanding is mine.
I apologize.
I will, in the future, make an effort to say something relevant to the posts i quote.:oops:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Good stuff!
Love the imagery.
Worked on an organic farm and worked with a lot of hikers from the Appalachian Trail this past summer.
It was perfect!
I spent the last year living in an off the grid micro cabin on the west coast

allfoak

Alchemist
I was a seeker who got stuck in the mire of religion in the beginning out of ignorance of what i was seeking and where to find the answers.
It all seemed so ironic when I came upon the realization that what it was i was seeking was knowledge of myself.