• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seeker wisdoms and sayings

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I'll start out with a classic, then you guys add..

Not all who wander are lost.

Dingbat

“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”
-René Descartes

“No, life has not disappointed me. On the contrary, I find it truer, more desirable and mysterious every year -- ever since the day when the great liberator came to me: the idea that life could be an experiment of the seeker for knowledge -- and not a duty, not a calamity, not trickery.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Me Myself

Back to my username
exactly, if someone finds the truth then you will come out of your jail.
(a bit hard to understand! i don't either... ;) )

Actually you practically said it.

It means that wrong misconceptions are like prisons. So truth can set you free.

Freedomelf

Some Calyr proverbs:

Busy yourself with goodness. At the end of the journey, you will look back and remember a life too full to keep the appointments that Evil made with you.

Love all good things, whether they are yours or another's, familiar or strange. Love and accept them, for they are God's goodness, God's path, and they are familiar in God's sight.

When enemies face overwhelming might, wounds fester. Without a fair field, they take their grievances to the innocent and wreak havoc upon the helpless. Therefore, keep an equal foot with those you face in battle. Allow them the honor of a hard-won victory or a hard-fought defeat. If you rout them with unfair advantage, their daggers will find your loved ones' backs.