• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeker Q&A

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
Give your thoughts on the following see what paths others think you should look into.

Q1: The Creator - Nature of the Divine.

Q2: The Created - How and why was everything created.

Q3: Next Life - What happens after you die.

Q4: What's Wrong - Why are things the way they are in this life.

Q5: What's the Point - What should you do in this life and why.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Q1- Many gods that form a divine whole called Netjer, called Brahman by Hindus.

Q2- That is something not claimed to be known by my faith

Q3- You are judged by your deeds, and either pass to the afterlife, reincarnate, or destroyed forever if you're extremely wicked

Q4- Because man deviated from the way of the universe- Ma'at, Tao, Dharma, whichever you wish to call it.

Q5- Live together in harmony with all living things, because it is the way of Ma'at

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
I thought about this after reading a few Seeker posts. Since I started it I'll try to go first. (Oops!... wasn't fast enough!)

The Creator/Divine is vast. I would put my overall beliefs about the Creator in the Panentheist category.

I believe that all was created from the Creator itself (sorry can't think of a better term there). All of Creation is a part of the Creator not a part from the Creator. The reason for Creation is that the Creator wanted to experience what it was like not to be the Creator. To learn.

Good question. I think after a time your return here (this life) to learn more lessons.

Ego. Self-centeredness has caused more wrongs and hurt in this life than anything else.

The point of this life is to learn and realize who/what we really are. That all of Creation reflects the Creator. To seek wisdom, look without. To understanding, look within.

That's my quick stab at it. Feel free to comment and make recommendations. :eek: Maybe that was too much freedom... :facepalm:

Boethiah

Penguin

The Creator is God. Of course, that is what I call Him and hoe I refer to Him as. God has an infinite number of forms, names, etc. God is omnipotent, so I cannot specify further into how He manifests Himself. God is God.

This is a good question that I do not have the answer to. We cannot be sure.

I personally believe we continue on with a spiritual journey. I believe this world is a womb of sorts. We are to cultivate our good qualities and enjoy life here so when we are "born", we are nice and fit to climb the metaphorical (or literal, who knows?) spiritual mountain to become one with the one truth of God. If we are bad in this world, then it is like weights being tied to us and we are not fit to climb the spiritual mountain.

I believe that we have free will and that some people use this will for the wrong reasons. We as human beings have the potential to do good or bad to each other.

We live in this life to cultivate our good qualities, and to help others cultivate theirs. We are to work together to achieve a "brighter tomorrow". An age when the world is united and hate/prejudice slow down a bit, and wars aren't as frequent. In short, world peace.

Labels are iffy for me. The Baha'i Faith fits many of my beliefs, but I am also iffy on some too. Which is understandable, but I am always reading, always looking, always reassessing.

Q1: The Creator - Being, that feeling "I AM"

Q2: The Created - Same as the Creator

Q3: Next Life - Your eternal, doesnt really matter.

Q4: What's Wrong - Resistance.

Q5: What's the Point - Just a happening, no point really. This world is just a transient phase, nothing more than that. Just a wave in the ocean of Being.

xkatz

Q1- God is the reality which all things exist in, and in a way, God is existence. God and the universe/reality/etc. are one.

Q2- God and Creation are the same. As to why reality came into being, I cannot answer that.

Q3- I am not 100% sure, but I believe in reincarnation.

Q4- Things are inherently chaotic; as for people, it is because we are imperfect and we have free will.

Q5- Be a good person/make good Karma :shrug:

Last edited:

MissAlice

Q1: The Creator- How does one define divine on an individual basis? I know I consider life precious yet a force to be recken with. For it if it wasn't for the very life that created and evolved, we the human species wouldn't ask such questions.

Q2: The Created- How and why is a good question. Science is a good way to explain such phenomenon. I think however my question would be, how and why does their need to be life? Why must life be felt and experienced in such an accidental way? Why do many human beings feel this urge to need a meaning or to experience the long term knoweledge that after this life, we are nothing more. Even I can't conceive of it no matter how much one puts logical basis to an empty abyss of conclusion.

Q3: Next Life- What happens after we die? I have no real set of beliefs regarding this topic since only the dead can speak for them selves. As for now, I think we experience death in the same we experience it before we are born.

Q4: What's Wrong- Why are things the way they are in this life? Good question. I could come up with all kinds of possible motives and even Darwin's ingenius theories but considering it on a emotionally cognitive matter, I don't know. Maybe it's just not in us to know, but we humans have a good habit of searching, solving and answering with half truths. Perhaps what is wrong is us. We want to know so badly while much of the animal world just accepts.

Q5: What's the Point- What should you do in this life and why? Well my only hope is that I've at least contributed something positive to this world without demolishing life in a wasteful way. I would love like so many of my ancestors before me, to try and be the best I can be and help wherever it is mostly needed. As to why, maybe it was the way I was brought up, maybe it is just as part of my instinct as it is to destroy, maybe it is both....maybe there are various reasons.

I'm sure in time my thoughts on these issues may change slowly or dramatically as they have before. I do not pretend to know in absolution.

Last edited:

Zeroa

Dances With Mice
Q1: The Creator - I believe in an eternal God who contains the universe within its* being and extends beyond the universe. Sometimes I believe that there's only one thing that exists, and that's God. Sometimes I believe that God is in every subatomic bit of the Universe, but the consciousness and intelligence of God is separate from us (or we've become separated from it).

Q2: The Created - "How" is in the realm of science; I do believe in the Big Bang and evolution, etc. God is the why-- and it may just be in God's very nature to create, destroy, change, and rebuild the physical universe.

Q3: Next Life - I do believe in an afterlife, but I am not too clear on the specifics, and I don't really worry about it. I believe in ghosts (due to some personal experiences), but I think most people pass on to somewhere else not long after death-- I don't know if they reincarnate, merge back into God (like a drop of water into the ocean as they say) or if they pass into a different world. If I am totally wrong and we cease to exist when we die, I am ok with that too-- having had the opportunity to live at all is enough, and ceasing to exist isn't an experience of darkness and nothingness because there's nothing there to have an experience.

Q4: What's Wrong - I don't know that anything really is wrong. It certainly feels wrong to us that people die horribly, that natural disasters happen, that there's injustice and cruelty in the world, but I can't help but wonder if things aren't unfolding exactly the way they are supposed to. I don't mean predestination-- we clearly have choices to make in life and sometimes it is a very close call when we finally decide-- but I mean that things just are what they are. Causes have effects, and effects become causes. I've had some pretty bad stuff happen, and I've learned a lot from that, but I am not sure that there was actually a plan or reason for it, as such.

Q5: What's the Point - I don't know that there is a point, but I think there are things that are helpful. I think aligning ourselves with God, whichever way we perceive it, through spiritual or religious practices can be valuable. (God doesn't need us to do these things, but we benefit from them, nonetheless.) I think there's a lot of value in learning as much as possible and finding the wisdom in teachings of those who have come before. I think we should love one another and try to find (and spread) happiness, because God is in every person you meet. Maybe that's the point-- to just become aware. To wake up from the dream that is this life.

(*I do apologize to anyone I may have offended by calling God "it". It's not intended as disrespect. It's that God isn't like us, so "he" or "she" doesn't really seem to fit.)

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Q1: The Creator - I believe in one God. We can know Him and He knows us.

Q2: The Created - I believe that God created everything. The Big Bang theory is incorporated into that. With everything and everyone on Earth being designed and having a purpose.

Q3: Next Life - I believe there is life after death, where we will be able to see those who have passed before us. I believe those who have done bad in this life will not join that, unless they are able to repent and acknowledge the Lord as Saviour.

Q4: What's Wrong - Very difficult to answer. I believe the Bible shows how we are to live and also states that God will judge and those who have done wrong will be punished. It happened before. The book of Habakkuk shows this - God said trust me, it WILL be justified. Although it seems at times that God is doing nothing, I believe if we keep our faith in Him we will see that we will do something about the injustices in the world, just as He has done before.

Q5: What's the Point - I believe we should all live a good, honest life. The acts of Jesus show us how we should be, and His message is incredibly simple.

chinu

chinu
Q1: The Creator - Nature of the Divine
Is "Love".
Everything happens in "Love", for "Love" and is still in creating mode or "Love", creation is not compleated yet, and will never stop, this is "Nature" or "Love".
Don't we see trees still growing up.
Don't we see water still running towards sea.
Again get new birth, But "I" don't want. :)
I think, now i got the solution, O "God" please help my solution. :)
There is nothing wrong, everything is running in the mode of "Love" for "Love".
What should i do, was not in my hand, but still i did.
One should search all these question.:)

_/\_
Chinu

AfterGlow

Invisible Puffle
If there is a creator god, I think we must look at the universe s/he created in order to assess which qualities s/he may possess. A cursory glance would indicate that s/he prefers probabilties over absolutes, amorality over morality and chaos over order.

I've never understood why human beings think they can discern a why to creation, nevermind believing they are central to the answer.

How could anyone alive know?

The question is telling. If we live our lives under the assumption thats something is fundamentally wrong with them, and/or the world we live in, we set ourselves up to holding beliefs that may not be true or relevant.

Try to be happy and help others to become happy.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Give your thoughts on the following see what paths others think you should look into.

1. There may be a God but I doubt it. If there was, it would be mathematical and scientific. Just another random species of the universe.

2. Science definitely explains that.

3. Nothing, or at least I hope.

4. Human nature just works this way.

5. There is no absolute point but you can make your own point.

A: Pass. Beyond our comprehension!

A: Pass. Beyond our comprehension.

A: We return Home, to what I call our Spiritual Home. What that is like I can only hazard a guess, although when I had an out of body experience where I went to was beautiful beyond words! I was sad when I returned to this physical realm.

A: The Ego is Boss! Its "me, me, me", on the whole. Plus religion causes its fair share of problems, for example hostility between different faiths and the different sects within those religions.

A: To find oneself, your true self/awareness.

Namaste,

Lenny
soothing music soothes the soul

.Frame.

Title pending.
A1: Whatever the truth is, that is God.

Q2: The Created - How and why was everything created?
A2: I don't know, but I believe greater understanding of this, and greater knowledge of God, go hand in hand.

Q3: Next Life - What happens after you die?
A3: I will no longer be alive, but the notion of life is only an illusion anyway.

Q4: What's Wrong - Why are things the way they are in this life?
A4: Nothing's wrong with the world. The world is exactly as it should be. We cause suffering for ourselves and others when we allow ourselves to become attached to illusions.

Q5: What's the Point - What should you do in this life and why?
A5: I believe happiness comes from pursuing truth. We do not have to do this, but we must accept pain and suffering in life if we are to not do this.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Q1: The Creator - This one is tricky. While I'm starting to believe in a creator more and more as time passes, I wouldn't necessarily say that I "believe" in God; and even if I did, it would be Panentheistic or Deistic. One thing I do know, is that we are able to create or destroy our own lives and world, so in a way we are creators ourselves. The "divine" is our innate ability to choose to be compassionate and loving to others.

Q2: The Created -How? Big Bang. Why? No idea.

Q3: Next Life - Personally? I believe that we will move on to another state of being, rather than rewarded or punished for an eternity.

Q4: What's Wrong - Things are wrong because of us. Our human condition and psyches have made us greedy, lustful, hateful and unwise. We don't want to help others, just ourselves.

Q5: What's the Point - We are not sure why we are here, or what will happen after it is over. Better not waste it.

loverOfTruth

I'll give my responses according to my religious belief ...

I'll let the Creator speak for that ...
"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."
(Al-Qur'an 112:1-4)

"Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)." (Al-Qur'an 2:255)

God caused Big Bang for the creation of the Universe ...
"“Have not those who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity, then We separated them?...” (Quran 21:30)

God created mankind ...
"O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you." (Al-Qur'an 4:1)

Created us to worship God and test the worshipers to distinguish good/bad...
"And I(God) did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me(God)."
(Al-Qur'an 51:56)

"[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -[And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency..." (Al-Qur'an 67:2-3)

For more detail on creation, you can read this : The Muslim View of Creation - Understanding Islam

Life of grave starts, then comes the judgement day, then heaven or hell ...

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Qur'an 3:185)

"And We place the scales of justice for the Day of Resurrection, so no soul will be treated unjustly at all. And if there is [even] the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it forth. And sufficient are We as accountant." (Al Qur'an 21:47)

Here is more detail on that, if you are interested ...
Belief in Life after Death - The Religion of Islam
and
Category: The Journey after Death - The Religion of Islam

It's all a test ...
"Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned." (Al Qur'an 21:35)

"You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination." (Al Qur'an 3:186)

The point is God created us so we worship Him, and live a righteous life (in this temporary world) along with others so we can attain His pleasure, peace in this world and eternal bliss.

"“Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.” (Al Quran 13:28)

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." (Al Qur'an 49:13)

“Whoever works righteousness - whether male or female - while he (or she) is a true believer verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).” (Al Quran 16:97)

For more on purpose of life ... or to know why you should take the points above seriously please watch ...
[youtube]1XyK-l-5q6Q[/youtube]
Is Life Just A Game?

Peace.