• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seek and you shall find

Will the person who diligently seeks, find the answers they are in need of?

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you think if a person diligently seeks the truth, wisdom, understanding, enlightenment, and righteousness, they will discover the truth or at least discover the path that they're supposed to be on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidFirth

Do you think if a person diligently seeks the truth, wisdom, understanding, and righteousness, they will discover the truth or at least discover the path that they're supposed to be on?

From Matthew 7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
sometimes yes, sometimes no--much of the time, whether or not they do, they get hung up on that phrasing, 'the answers they are in need of...' :p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Do you think if a person diligently seeks the truth, wisdom, understanding, enlightenment, and righteousness, they will discover the truth or at least discover the path that they're supposed to be on?

Possibly, but nothing is guaranteed.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My answer is yes and I add a "but". People can find what they are seeking but not recognize it especially early on.

And there's a question of time. From my reincarnational framework, people might seek in one life and find in the next.

And there's a question if the seeking is with all one's heart and soul.

Here's a beautiful poem that illustrates one issue - getting an answer but not recognizing it in one's awareness until it's revealed.

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

Jumi

It's not enough to seek answers. You have to seek the truth and have no wish for something to be true that possibly isn't. Everything that holds back the truth, no matter what preference it is, will lower your chances.

There are plenty of people who sought their whole lives, devoting themselves to one thing or many, yet many of them did not find. They just became content, that they are "going in the right direction" or content that there is nothing to find.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
it can be hard to look into the light of Pure Innocence, but Innocence intends life for all, even though it must judge evil for what it is.

first intention was always that all living life live in peace and harmony with great joy, but evil seeks to murder all that, and likewise must pay.

I do pray for those who can repent and turn back to the pure light. but heart will do what it decides to do.

imagine a heart dead set against the existence and life of the innocent fully of it's own choosing with no empathy or compassion for the innocent whatsoever.

Judgment upon such must be rendered by innocent authority.

those who seek innocence and desire to be innocent shall find their answer.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the order is wrong, so I suggest a very different order. Everything starts with relationships.

syo

who knows? maybe?

Phantasman

The promise of seeking and finding depends on the heart that does the seeking. Diligence was a wise word to use. Penitence should accompany it as well. To seek truth, knowing it is there, yet realizing you don't have it, becomes revealed (in light). I see many orthodox believers not in pursuit of truth because they feel they have it. There is more to truth than knowing every word of the Bible. Saying the Bible is every word of Gods truth makes as much sense as a print factory having an explosion and out popped Websters Dictionary,

There is much more, and it's everywhere.

Before Christ came, there was no bread in the world, just as Paradise, the place were Adam was, had many trees to nourish the animals but no wheat to sustain man. Man used to feed like the animals, but when Christ came, the perfect man, he brought bread from heaven in order that man might be nourished with the food of man. The rulers thought that it was by their own power and will that they were doing what they did, but the Holy Spirit in secret was accomplishing everything through them as it wished. Truth, which existed since the beginning, is sown everywhere. And many see it being sown, but few are they who see it being reaped.- Gospel of Philip

But truth brought names into existence in the world for our sakes, because it is not possible to learn it (truth) without these names. Truth is one single thing; it is many things and for our sakes to teach about this one thing in love through many things.- Philip

Names can deceive.in seeking truth.

Names given to the worldly are very deceptive, for they divert our thoughts from what is correct to what is incorrect. Thus one who hears the word "God" does not perceive what is correct, but perceives what is incorrect. So also with "the Father" and "the Son" and "the Holy Spirit" and "life" and "light" and "resurrection" and "the Church (Ekklesia)" and all the rest - people do not perceive what is correct but they perceive what is incorrect, unless they have come to know what is correct. The names which are heard are in the world [...] deceive. If they were in the Aeon (eternal realm), they would at no time be used as names in the world. Nor were they set among worldly things. They have an end in the Aeon
.- Philip

Only the flesh needs names. There are no names in spiritual. You simply know.