• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing as My Name is RedDragon94...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes... I want you to believe that about yourself... actually, I think it would be quite unhealthy to believe that about yourself

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well, with an identification like this, people might wonder a bit. No? Mainline Baptist Christianity w/ Atheistic leanings + An interest in Neopaganism

David1967

Premium Member
What time today exactly is the world supposed to end? I need to plan my day around that.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
... Anybody think I'm fulfillment to Bible prophecy?... Hopefully not.
I watched both videos in full and would like to comment on each. The the first video was well researched and the fellow was impressive though I have some disagreements with him, however I watched his video second and will first comment on the girl's video.

I watched the second video, first. This opened with a presenter who was commenting on another video and presenting it under fair use conditions. It was about astronomical signs and meanderings of whether they signal events supposedly predicted in the Bible. She seemed well intentioned but quite evil to me though not intentionally, speaking common English but throwing in Hebrew words occasionally that would make an uneducated person think her more authentic. She used 'Yashua' to refer to Jesus and 'Shalom'. When Jewish people do this is it from pride and courage, because they are identifying themselves and in many cases sticking out their necks. When messianic types do it I think they are worshiping the language, and its just weird. Jesus should not care if some English speaking person mispronounces Jesus its ridiculous and saying 'Shalom' does not add clarity but obscurity to a sentence unless you have a good reason for doing it. Translate! Stop transliterating, please I'm begging you to stop trying to sound authentic. Similarly the commentators in her chosen topic threw in words like 'Elul' (a Biblical month) as well as technical terms such as 'Alignment' whenever possible, despite the additions being unhelpful. They changed voices 3 times, and the first presenter was clearly modulating his voice and packing it with energy the way that preachers do to make themselves sound very exciting and sincere.

Here's their argument which she finds impressive: The Ottoman empire experiences an eclipse passing through it and is then destroyed "So we see a pattern of judgment" says the quavering energetic voice. Another voice says "Maybe when Jesus says 'Sign of Jonah' its talking about an eclipse!" Another voice throws in that there is "An alignment that is happening in the sun, moon and stars!" Finally they start getting to the tiny point that they have been circling towards when they start talking about Revelation chapter 12 and a constellation called Virgo which they feel looks like a pregnant woman. Virgo is Latin for 'Virgin' and revelation 12:1-5 says in English "(NIV) A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.” That's it. That's the entire thing, but the presenter then finishes by saying that she's enthused to see something written thousands of years ago in the Bible is happening now.

The first video has a sincere fellow who is more cautious and looks into things rather than just regurgitating them, and he doesn't use flowery words to cover ignorance. He researches the things people are saying about the so called dragon near Virgo, and he does it in a way that other laypeople can imitate for ourselves if we wish. Apparently the image that many people are calling the 'Dragon' or 'Nibiru' was taken back in 1983 and just happens to appear on Google Sky because they need that piece to fill in that spot. Further he reasons it is very likely to be Jupiter.

I do not the conclusions of either presenter, because both take this sign stuff seriously. Its not supposed to be about using astronomical signs, which are essentially no different from numerology or looking at bones.

David1967

Premium Member
[QUOE="columbus, post: 5332611, member: 52258"]WAIT!
Does that mean I should pay my already late electric bill? It isn't due until the 26th.
Did some religious leader say something not quite true, again?
Tom[/QUOTE]

Surely not. :rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
*does dance and shouts Korn-like jibberish*
There, I saved the world from Biblical doomsday predictions. Pay up, losers! At least I did something, unlike them hos in the other thread doing nothing more than just tellin' a loser to pay up.

Last edited: