1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Security Risk. Flaw in Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeremiahcp, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jeremiahcp

Jeremiahcp Well-Known Jerk

Ratings:
    +2,385
    Thought people might like to know about this:

This Phishing Attack is Almost Impossible to Detect On Chrome, Firefox and Opera

2. Sartre

Sartre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,707
    Religion:
    "Man makes man in order to be God"
    Blocked by chrome for me.

3. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein Dream Brother
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,368
    Religion:
    Agnostic / progressive Christian
    Same.

4. Jeremiahcp

Ratings:
    +2,385
    I had no problems accessing the site on any of my devices, at any rate I doubt the quoted text is blocked by chrome and it contains everything you really need to know.

5. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,708
    Religion:
    Judaism
    I'm using Chrome and encountered no problem.

6. Jayhawker Soule

Jayhawker Soule <yawn> ignore </yawn>
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,708
    Religion:
    Judaism
    The title is interesting: by listing specific browsers one is tempted to infer that others are not similarly vulnerable, but this does not appear to be the case.

7. bobhikes

bobhikes infinitologist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,310
    The fact that some people are being blocked and that I have never heard of this before and it references the Chinese I am going to assume that going to either web site is dangerous to me.

I will be on the look out for other information concerning this though, thanks

8. Jeremiahcp

Ratings:
    +2,385
    Assume whatever you wish although it does not reference the Chinese, it reference a Chinese researcher. That is a touch racist of you.

They are probably both getting a security warning due to a targeted shared add, or something of the sort. However the site itself seems fine and information good.

I was actually informed about this risk from a name I trust on a computer forum site that I have been a member of since 2001. But RF rules prevent me from posting links to other forums. So I traced his info back to this source.

#8 Jeremiahcp, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. bobhikes

bobhikes infinitologist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,310
    As I said thanks, the reference to Chinese is not racist but because it makes it hard for me to cross reference. Like when you get those e-mails about African royalty or English banks that have money for me.

As to the security warning no doubt that it could be a shared add, which makes me question the site as I have high security settings on both Mozilla and chrome and there are quite a few sites I get warnings about and I like that as I get very few viruses and have never been phished or ransomed(knock wood).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jeremiahcp

Ratings:
    +2,385
    When I get some time I can post the conversation from the tech forums and a list of his reference. I'll just have to leave the site name and link out as last time I had a post talking about another forum it was deleted and I got a don't do that PM.

It is a bigger security risk to remain in the dark over issues like this. Having worked for a bank I know how easily people get decived by phishing scams and if they can mask their website like this then they could make a fake banksite that looks just like the real thing.

11. Jeremiahcp

Ratings:
    +2,385
    Well I have been to the site several times on multiple devices and I have had no problems. Wait what is happening?! My keyboard! My mouse. . . . I am losing cont. . . .

tHiS ChiN353 hoxar aLL ur int3rn3t5 r b3l0ng 2 us!

[​IMG]

12. meghanwaterlillies

meghanwaterlillies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125
    Religion:
    You know, Christian
    don't say English bank that's racist!
    Don't say Chinese or mex or whatever restaurant. That's racist too...just joking. I thought that was funny though.