• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secular study's

Leo613

Why don't chasidim study secular study's when so many of our sages were learned in worldly matters. how can one understand the torah if u don't have secular knowledge

perets

Because they are afraid that if thr youth will engage in seculer studies, they will get a grisp of secular life

Flankerl

@perets

You might want to read the Forum rules regarding the DIR sub Forums.

10. "Discuss Individual Religions" Forums, Same-Faith Debates, and "Only" Sections
The DIR sub-forums are for the express use of discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

S: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/rf-rules.170244/

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Leo613 asked somthing abd i answerd. Dont see what i did wrong
This is the Hasidic DIR; if you don't identify as a Hasidic Jew, then you're only allowed to post respectful questions in this thread.

Tumah

Veteran Member
נישט געזארגט. כ'מיין אז איך קוואלאפאציר אלץ חסידיש...
"Religion" קען זיין. אבער אויב מאן ווילן זיין באקאנט ווי חסידיש מאן דארף שרייבן אז ביי
מיסתמא דו קענסט שרייבן "טונה בייגל" דורטן אויכט

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I think he posted in Yiddish

You're right, of course.

To be honest I didn't even look at perets' post. I just saw Dan's post and a made a leap glancing upward that perets' post was in Hebrew. I should have been more careful.

perets

"Religion" קען זיין. אבער אויב מאן ווילן זיין באקאנט ווי חסידיש מאן דארף שרייבן אז ביי
מיסתמא דו קענסט שרייבן "טונה בייגל" דורטן אויכט
What?