• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret of divine civilisation

danieldemol

Premium Member
Note: Posted in Baha'i DIR.

In the secret of divine civilisation Abdul-Baha writes, "Whil it is a sacred obligation devolving on every conscientious believer in the unity of God to guide mankind to the truth, the Traditions “I am a Prophet by the sword” and “I am commanded to threaten the lives of the people until they say, ‘There is none other God but God’” referred to the idolaters of the Days of Ignorance, who in their blindness and bestiality had sunk below the level of human beings."1

I looked through Oceans and tried Google but I could not find any reference to the two traditions Abdul-Baha refferred to in Islamic literature.

Does anyone know the source of these two traditions referred to?

1 Bahá'í Reference Library - The Secret of Divine Civilization, Pages 41-60

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“I am commanded to threaten the lives of the people until they say, ‘There is none other God but God’”

I found this for the 2nd One.

“The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah” (Sahih Muslim 1:33).

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“I am a Prophet by the sword”

I found this for the first one;

Hukm(al-) al-jadir bi'l-idha`a min qawl al-nabi ba`thtu bi'l-sayf The Proper Ruling on Disseminating the Saying of the Prophet "I Was Sent with the Sword" Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali 7334 — Commentary on the saying of the Prophet, “I was sent with the sword”

Militant Ideology Atlas PDF Link - https://www.hsdl.org/?view&did=467607

By - RESEARCH COMPENDIUM November 2006

Editor & Project Director: William McCants, PhD Project Coordinator: Jarret Brachman, PhD CTC Director: LTC Joseph Felter, PhD

There are references I have not followed to this - I am a Prophet by the sword' (anā nabī bi'l-sayf)

Regards Tony