• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seasonal Cooking

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In a little bit, I'll be leaving to pick up my weekly farm order.

During the Covid shutdowns, one of our local farms started doing a weekly pickup, allowing their customer base to choose their produce from an online catalogue, and pick up the produce on Fridays. They kept with it even after things started functioning normally again, and I'm really glad they did. Between them and the farmer's market, I get almost no produce(save for what doesn't grow here) at the local supermarkets.

But this affects what kinds of food I can serve. The markets have about two weeks left to run, and the farm can shut down anytime between now and mid December, depending on what they have to offer. I don't mind, however, and have learned to welcome the shift of cooking patterns, as dictated by Maa Nature.

Do the seasons affect how you eat at all? (Excluding holiday/festival traditions.)

Onasander

I go out of my way to have a diet that is cheap and year round available, with minimal cooking that can be done under even primitive conditions. So farmer markets that are seasonal wouldn't be for me.