• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching

willy1590

I have been searching for some time and here are my basiv veiws
-A faith with a deist,atheist type belief where we dont know god.
-Reincarnation and no torture in hell
-Allows homosexuality
-quite wise and spritual
-has rituals than can be done at home not in a building you have to go too?

Anyone's input would be great!.

mycorrhiza

Sounds a bit like New Age, so you could look that up. It's not a religion, but rather a movement of different religious ideas.

Most New Age believers I've met believe in reincarnation and are open-minded towards homosexuality. The only difference I can see is that they generally believe that God is some kind of force that we can be united with.

Since you're looking to do rituals at home rather than in a religious building, you could always build your own religion.

aewbarnes

Andy Barnes
Vedanta is the study of the Upanishads which are the latter part of the Vedas, the ancient texts of Hinduism (although they far outdate 'Hinduism' as this is a term that was applied by Europeans. The Indians (also an applied name) identified by whichever school of thought or devotion they belonged to).
Anyway, the term Vedanta means 'goal of the Vedas' as it concentrates study on the Upanishads which is more philosophical than earlier, more devotional, parts of the Veda. Vedanta deals in large part with the concept of Brahma (personal God) and Brahman (Beginningless Essence/Divine Spirit). Essentially, Brahma, whilst very real, is only an expression of Brahman.
Advaita is a further refinment of Vedanta which is concerned with the Atman or self and Brahman and the goal to extinguish the idea of seperatness between the two. To aim for at-one-ment and thus end the cycle of samsara or birth & death.
It differs from Buddhism in that Buddhism holds that there isn't really any self, simply the false sense of a self by the ego. Advaita Vedanta doesn't negate the self, but rather seeks the merging.

Vultar

I have been searching for some time and here are my basiv veiws
-A faith with a deist,atheist type belief where we dont know god.
-Reincarnation and no torture in hell
-Allows homosexuality
-quite wise and spritual
-has rituals than can be done at home not in a building you have to go too?

Anyone's input would be great!.

That fits the UBB (which is the original form of ancient Druidism)

- doesn't believe in gods (believes there are spirits, some of whom pretend to be gods)
- believes in reincarnation (also resurrection or just living in the afterlife)
- allows homosexuality (spirits have no specified sex, therefore after reincarnation, one might prefer what they had preferred in the previous physical life - even if their gender is opposite to their previous life)
- believes in science as well as the spiritual abilities that all human have but do not knowingly use
- generally does not have a church, as it has been more of a "secret society" for the last few thousand years, although this has recently been changed due to the advancement of technology and communication.