• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching "Truth" in history.

chinu

chinu
I think searching "Turth" in history is something like what this video teaches us.

What is your opinion ?

Tambourine

One thing that I think we need to realize when looking at the historical record is that most of history - and in some cases, the overwhelming part of it - has been lost or forgotten, and a big part of historical research consists of unearthing what we have buried, both literally and figuratively, and trying to make it tell new stories.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
One thing that I think we need to realize when looking at the historical record is that most of history - and in some cases, the overwhelming part of it - has been lost or forgotten, and a big part of historical research consists of unearthing what we have buried, both literally and figuratively, and trying to make it tell new stories.

And that is also true for each individual’s history.

There are 365 days in a year. Pick any year that you have lived, and see how many days you can actually remember.

We think we have memories, but actually we mostly have an edited and polished narrative.
It is a delightful and extraordinary experience to actually ‘relive’ a time from our memory.

Prim969

I think searching "Turth" in history is something like what this video teaches us.

What is your opinion ?

I do think it often comes down to how serious people are about such experiments. We had the written message experiment with ours. Donald Duck has three nephews they all have to report to Scrooge Mac Duck. Predictably amongst our 3 groups Donald Duck came back as Donald Trump. The 3 nephews in one group became the three little pigs in another another group the reporting to Scrooge Mac Duck became the reporting to old mother Hen.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
I do think it often comes down to how serious people are about such experiments. We had the written message experiment with ours. Donald Duck has three nephews they all have to report to Scrooge Mac Duck. Predictably amongst our 3 groups Donald Duck came back as Donald Trump. The 3 nephews in one group became the three little piggies in another another group the reporting to Scrooge Mac Duck became the reporting to old mother Hen.
:D

Brian2

Veteran Member

What is your opinion ?

It's a good thing the New Testament was written and the writings go back to the 1st century (possibly between 20 and 60 years from the Jesus death and some epistles earlier), were written by people who were witnesses or had contact with witnesses, the witnesses were still around to check out what was being written and taught and scholars have weeded out probably most of the additions and changes to the text that entered over time.