• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching for truth...

I have decided that, seeing as I am only 18, I shouldn't be so stubborn with my atheism. I should be open minded about as much as possible, which would involve searching for the truth with many methods, and studying and examining religion.
In short, I have given up my atheism in favour of an undecided stance. I am not rejecting atheism, I may return to it, but I am choosing to be undecided for now.
So, anyone who wishes to help me find a belief system, be it atheistic or religious, please do add me on MSN messenger or send me a private message, or even post here!
By the way, I am ethnically Jewish (but family is atheist, you wouldn't be able to tell we are Jewish) and from the UK.
Thanks,
Jordan.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Congrats, Jordan.

Personally, I think Open-mindedness itself is the only religion worth having.

I think if someone gets a handle on that, your own belief system will form on it's own.

Like Joseph Campbell put it: "If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it’s not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That’s why it’s your path."

Marble

Rolling Marble
Ever heard about Ramana Maharishi?
Short explanation of his teaching (according to my very limited understanding): Only the Self is real, all else are just illusions caused by the unenlightened mind. Find out who is 'I'.
There are various books available about Maharishi, I have read this.
When you waant to aks questions about his teachings, you can do so in this forum.

horizon_mj1

The best advice I can give (and have given to others) is read doctrine from as many different belief systems you can get your hands on. It is always kind of fun to see how your views of things change when you open your mind to all avenues. Just remember to remind yourself you are looking for what is right for you, don't let anyone sway you from what you feel is right. Good luck.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have decided that, seeing as I am only 18, I shouldn't be so stubborn with my atheism. I should be open minded about as much as possible, which would involve searching for the truth with many methods, and studying and examining religion.
In short, I have given up my atheism in favour of an undecided stance. I am not rejecting atheism, I may return to it, but I am choosing to be undecided for now.
So, anyone who wishes to help me find a belief system, be it atheistic or religious, please do add me on MSN messenger or send me a private message, or even post here!
By the way, I am ethnically Jewish (but family is atheist, you wouldn't be able to tell we are Jewish) and from the UK.
Thanks,
Jordan.
I run Pidgin, which MSN doesn't really get along with. You can add me, and please do, but I have trouble adding you. :)