• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Spicer lies about size of inauguration crowd.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds <- source

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.

Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
On behalf the new President Sean Spencer flat out lied. And it is a silly lie. A lie designed to protect the tender feelings of the special snowflake we call Donald Trump.

And it was an unnecessary lie. They could have criticised the media for focusing on crowd size and said it is irrelevant. They could have even said some positive things about the inauguration, and they could have done so without such a blatant and obvious lie. But Trump has to be the best, he can't just have a big crowd, it has to the be biggest most tremendous crowd ever. So they lie.

And this is what we are going to see for the next four years. Self-serving lies with no relation to reality. And you might be thinking that this lie does not matter, the size of the crowd does not matter. But the complete disregard for reality does matter. This lie is about something silly, but the lies that are coming will be about important things, and they will matter.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Of course there wasn't a lot of people or as many as there should have been, most of the descent ones probably didn't go because of all the hate and protesting, a place like that could be dangerous.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Of course there wasn't a lot of people or as many as there should have been, most of the descent ones probably didn't go because of all the hate and protesting, a place like that could be dangerous.
That is one theory...

Quetzal

Premium Member
So, why is this important?

Former Democratic congressman Steve Israel, who recently joined CNN as a commentator, said, "This isn't a petty attack on the press. It's a calculated attempt to delegitimize any questioning of @realDonaldTrump by a free press."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...you might be thinking that this lie does not matter, the size of the crowd does not matter. But the complete disregard for reality does matter. This lie is about something silly, but the lies that are coming will be about important things, and they will matter.

Spot on, Fantome! It couldn't be said better.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Spot on, Fantome! It couldn't be said better.
The campaigns have said, loud and clear, that facts don't matter. The administration is wasting no time in demonstrating that they will govern and act on the same principle. Not a good start.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well duh, it's always the 'mainstream' media's fault. Fox is the only trusted source because they have the highest ratings. Now fake news is calling everyone else fake news.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Well a press secretary demanding accuracy from the press, and suggesting ways they might achieve it, sounds like a good idea. Uniting America could be achieved if we had the truth to go by, instead of two sets of polarized lies.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well a press secretary demanding accuracy from the press, and suggesting ways they might achieve it, sounds like a good idea. Uniting America could be achieved if we had the truth to go by, instead of two sets of polarized lies.
The truth is always available, it just takes effort to attain it.

Carl W.

Bicker, bicker, bicker.
Banter and bickering won't change anything or anyone's
mind.
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Let's just give Trump a chance.
What else is there to do?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No.
That the White House is already lying. The crowd was small compared to Obama's.
It doesn't surprise me. I fully expect Trump and his staff to continue lying. I also expect his supporters to keep claiming that lying is unimportant when Trump does it. Like they do about his tax returns.
Tom
How do you know? Do you have an airplane or are you just guessing?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
First black president was a big deal for the black people. I remember seeing seas of black people at the first one, I don't think anyone showed up for the second term.
So, now you've started agreeing that the Trump administration is fibbing.
But over twice as many people rode the DC metro on the morning of Obama's second inauguration as Trumps. More than that the first time. Trumps inauguration saw about as many as Bush II's 2005 inauguration. Obama doubled their numbers.
Apparently Americans prefer the inauguration of presidents that they elect. Spicer can keep lying to people like you, but it won't change the facts.
Tom

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So, now you've started agreeing that the Trump administration is fibbing.
But over twice as many people rode the DC metro on the morning of Obama's second inauguration as Trumps. More than that the first time. Trumps inauguration saw about as many as Bush II's 2005 inauguration. Obama doubled their numbers.
Apparently Americans prefer the inauguration of presidents that they elect. Spicer can keep lying to people like you, but it won't change the facts.
Tom

It's just easier for people in the city to show up. If its like they say, and Trump supporters are primarily from outside the cities, that would make it more difficult for them to show up. I live close to DC and am very happy about Trump winning the election, but it never entered my mind to go to the inauguration because traffic is such a pain and I don't want to figure out how to get there via metro etc.

The turnout numbers are basically meaningless to me. Who cares, just get on with running the country.