• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scripture to condemn homosexuality

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Aqualung said:
Choices CAN be subconcious. How do you account for all the people like in my illustration, who behave in ways that perpetuates their misery. For example, people who have self-worth issues will frequenlty make a subcounsious choice to not allow people to get close to them. This is so that they won't be "wrong." Conciously, they want to be wrong, becuase nobdy likes to be hated or to feel worthless. But on a subcouncious level, this sort of thought has been ingrained into their being, so they have to make the subconcious choice to act in a manner that pushes people away, so the deffinition of who they are subconcoiusly isn't destroyed. What is it if it's not a choice? they aren't forced to act that way. (I'm sorry I don't have any sorce to back that up, but I packed away all my books)
i can see where your coming from with this - its just that before now you were talking about coice i thought you meant it was a choice like choosing what shoes to wear, or choosing what coat to wear, - im gonna have to do some thinking on it

i dont concider it a choice, but then again i do have the choice to fancy a girl if i really wanted to, so with that in mind its got to be a choice

but i think the choice is overridden by preference, after all thats what homosexuality is, a preference for members of the same sex - so then comes the question "if its a subconscious choice that was ingrained, when was it ingrained?" and then people will ask the question "if it can be ingrained to have same sex tendencies, can these tendencies be changed?"

quite frankly im happy how i am, i love my life as it is at the moment and i have a really bright future ahead with university next year and good first A level results - and although i dont make my sexuality my identity, it is something i identify with, and its not going to change in the forseeable future!

C_P

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Aqualung said:
Transsexuals are just confused. When they are resurected, they won't be confused anymore.
im sorry aqualung, but ive got to hold the phone here

i dont think a transexual is confused, i think a transexual is probably the furthest away from confused as is humanly possible

if i was a girl, but really truely deeply felt i should be a man, then i would want surgery - but then as a man, i would know that i truely am a man - a transexual would probably think are really are a man trapped in a womans body (this is before the surgery) so would know exactly what they are and waht they want to be - this does not sound like confusion :banghead3

i also think our human bodies are fallen and corrupt vessels for our soul which i believe to be genderless, and it is the soul that shall rise to gods kingdom (but thats just what i believe ;) )

C_P

Aqualung

Tasty
corrupt_preist said:
but i think the choice is overridden by preference, after all thats what homosexuality is, a preference for members of the same sex - so then comes the question "if its a subconscious choice that was ingrained, when was it ingrained?" and then people will ask the question "if it can be ingrained to have same sex tendencies, can these tendencies be changed?"
It may be a choice that is based in preference, but I don't think that makes it okay to act out your preferences. Even though I, as a human, have a natural "preference" to procreate, rather than remain celibate or to hold it in my pants, I definitely have to control that if I am to live a moral (or what is in my view moral) life. I don't think preference excuses anything.

quite frankly im happy how i am, i love my life as it is at the moment and i have a really bright future ahead with university next year and good first A level results - and although i dont make my sexuality my identity, it is something i identify with, and its not going to change in the forseeable future!

C_P
I'm very glad that you are happy. What university are you going to? (and don't worry, I'm not debating this in order to get you to change your sexuality! :) )

Aqualung

Tasty
Now, about the transexuality thing. I think we're just going to have to drop that topic. We both seem to be looking at exactly the same thing, but just seeing it differently because of our personal beleifs. There's really nothing that I can see to debate. It will turn into one of those, "yes they are," "No they arent," sort of arguments, with really no substance. In other words, let's agree to disagree, but I hate that phrase so much...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Aqualung said:
Now, about the transexuality thing. I think we're just going to have to drop that topic. We both seem to be looking at exactly the same thing, but just seeing it differently because of our personal beleifs. There's really nothing that I can see to debate. It will turn into one of those, "yes they are," "No they arent," sort of arguments, with really no substance. In other words, let's agree to disagree, but I hate that phrase so much...
oooooooooooo, but i like "yes they are" "no they arent" arguments, it reminds me of punch and judy - "now children, tell me when you see that crocodile!" "hes behind you! hes behind you!" "oh no he isnt!" "oh yes he is!" "oh no he isnt!" "oh yes he is!" ....... <*c*r*u*n*c*h*!*>

im hopefully going to birmingham university - theology

i have no idea what im gonna do afterwards though, probably sit and think deep meaningful thoughts about the state known as unemployment :biglaugh:

C_P