• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scripture to condemn homosexuality

Sabio

Deut. 32.8 said:
... and the better news is that, being born late, the servants of YHWH don't have to kill you. ;)
And the best news is that being washed in the blood of Jesus I have assurance that I am reconciled with God !

Sabio

DreamQuickBook

Sabio said:
In post #29 you said that you understood the Bible, so I suspect you read it in order to understand it. Sin, judgement, foregiveness through Jesus shed blood, these are all adequetly explained in the Bible, but that is not our topic here. If you want to start a thread on what sins are described in the bible I will be happy to participate.

The good news is that you don't have to receive judgement for any of your sins if you repent and reconcile with God...

Sabio

1. You are correct, I am aware of what the Bible says is sin. I am simply annoyed that people believe most of it. A 3,000 to 2,000 year old ethic is simply outdated, but I apologize for baiting you.

2. I prefer the acceptance of Satan to the forgiveness of your God. Satan neither requires worship, nor does he condemn us for being who we are. He did not create us, nor will he destroy us. We have developed reason, instincts, intuition and a conscience to navigate the world; I do not need a God to hate my sin, to demand that I apologize and beg for his forgiveness; and then to oppress me with a selfless and sacrificial moral code. Eventually, worldviews will evolve.

Sabio

Jocose Satan said:
1. You are correct, I am aware of what the Bible says is sin. I am simply annoyed that people believe most of it. A 3,000 to 2,000 year old ethic is simply outdated, but I apologize for baiting you.

2. I prefer the acceptance of Satan to the forgiveness of your God. Satan neither requires worship, nor does he condemn us for being who we are. He did not create us, nor will he destroy us. We have developed reason, instincts, intuition and a conscience to navigate the world; I do not need a God to hate my sin, to demand that I apologize and beg for his forgiveness; and then to oppress me with a selfless and sacrificial moral code. Eventually, worldviews will evolve.
You are entitled to your opinions and beliefs Jocose, that is what this forum is all about. And I don't hate you for being a "Satanist", I can still say that I love you as a human being and one of God's creations, and wish you the best.

Sabio

Mike182

Flaming Queer
wow i go off for a late lunch, and i miss out on 30 posts - imimpressed with you guys

sabio

Sabio said:
Romans 1:23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Romans 1:27
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
i have already posted on the two roman verses, and explained why the condemnation here is not relevant

now i shall explain how far off peopel are with 1corinthians6:9

some translate pauls writting to say "homosexuals" others translate it to say "abusers of themselves with mankind"

both are very very wrong - pauls words here actually translate to "male prostitute"

in the time of pauls writting, a male prostitute was a man in a temple who had sex with both males and females on behalf of the pagan fertility god to bless them with child birth - paul condemned this, but how this is relevant to modern day monogomous homosexuals is beyond me

so pauls writtings in 1corinthians doesnt even mention homosexuality, or anything even remotely close - how can he have used the word homosexual when it was only constructed as a term to describe two men or two women about 200 years ago?

is there anything else in the new testiment that condemns homosexuality apart from romans1 and 1corinthians

Sabio

corrupt_preist said:
wow i go off for a late lunch, and i miss out on 30 posts - imimpressed with you guys

sabio
i have already posted on the two roman verses, and explained why the condemnation here is not relevant

now i shall explain how far off peopel are with 1corinthians6:9

some translate pauls writting to say "homosexuals" others translate it to say "abusers of themselves with mankind"

both are very very wrong - pauls words here actually translate to "male prostitute"

in the time of pauls writting, a male prostitute was a man in a temple who had sex with both males and females on behalf of the pagan fertility god to bless them with child birth - paul condemned this, but how this is relevant to modern day monogomous homosexuals is beyond me

so pauls writtings in 1corinthians doesnt even mention homosexuality, or anything even remotely close - how can he have used the word homosexual when it was only constructed as a term to describe two men or two women about 200 years ago?

is there anything else in the new testiment that condemns homosexuality apart from romans1 and 1corinthians
I don't agree with your misinterpretation of these verses of scripture. What are your resources for interpreting, can you give the parellel words in Greek and English to prove this?

Sabio

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sabio said:
I don't agree with your misinterpretation of these verses of scripture. What are your resources for interpreting, can you give the parellel words in Greek and English to prove this?

Sabio
i dont have the exact resources no, im still looking for where i read it - but its obvious by the fact that the word homosexual was concieved only 200 years ago, that if you believe paul wrote it you must therefor believe the scripture was written less than 200 years ago

Sabio

corrupt_preist said:
i dont have the exact resources no, im still looking for where i read it - but its obvious by the fact that the word homosexual was concieved only 200 years ago, that if you believe paul wrote it you must therefor believe the scripture was written less than 200 years ago
I suggest ou try Strong's Exhaustive concordance of the bible. This provides word for word parallel of the Bible in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. You will find that your previous resource was mistaken.

Sabio

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sabio said:
I suggest ou try Strong's Exhaustive concordance of the bible. This provides word for word parallel of the Bible in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. You will find that your previous resource was mistaken.

Sabio
maybe

but it is still obvious that the word "homosexual" does not belong in original scripture

Sabio

corrupt_preist said:
By the way Corrupt, I want you to know that I still love you, and want to meet you in heaven some day, regardless of our difference of opinion!

Sabio

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sabio said:
By the way Corrupt, I want you to know that I still love you, and want to meet you in heaven some day, regardless of our difference of opinion!

Sabio
absolutley, then we can both ask God - providing hes not in two minds about this lol

Sabio

corrupt_preist said:
absolutley, then we can both ask God - providing hes not in two minds about this lol
Keep seeking God brother, He will reveal His truths to you in His own time. None of us "has arrived" we are all works in progress!

Sabio

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sabio said:
Keep seeking God brother, He will reveal His truths to you in His own time. None of us "has arrived" we are all works in progress!

Sabio
i have no doubt he will keep on revealing many truths to me

we shall see, i await gods choice - i am not actively seeking any relationship, if God sends me another man to love i will love him with all my heart, and if God has a woman lined up fo rme, shes simply gonna have to be better than jess simpson and brittney spears combined

i often challenge God to "show me your best" and quite often he comes through - we wait to see

Sabio

corrupt_preist said:
i have no doubt he will keep on revealing many truths to me

we shall see, i await gods choice - i am not actively seeking any relationship, if God sends me another man to love i will love him with all my heart, and if God has a woman lined up fo rme, shes simply gonna have to be better than jess simpson and brittney spears combined

i often challenge God to "show me your best" and quite often he comes through - we wait to see

Psalm 37:3-5 (New King James Version)

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sabio said:
Psalm 37:3-5 (New King James Version)

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
i think we need an 'amen' on the end of that one brother

amen

CMIYC

Psalm 37:3-9 (King James Version)

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

I think this mans something entirely different then the way it was used here

Amen

Scott1

Jocose Satan said:
I am simply annoyed that people believe most of it. A 3,000 to 2,000 year old ethic is simply outdated, but I apologize for baiting you.
2. I prefer the acceptance of Satan to the forgiveness of your God.
Ummm... how exactly, did you come to the knowledge of what Satan "accepts" or "requires" of you?

:rolleyes:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
CMIYC said:
Psalm 37:3-9 (King James Version)

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

I think this mans something entirely different then the way it was used here

Amen
i love that psalms verse - especially 7, i just connect with it

it reaffirms in me what i already know

if god hates all gay people, then he would cut me off like this verse says - but i do not feel in any way cut off from God, because i know God loves me and is with me - he would be telling me to stop my way of life if it was a way to evil things, but it is not.

this psalm verse is saying "do good and you shall recieve eternal rest with God, he will judge us and weigh our hearts, but trust in him because of his son jesus christ, do not knowingly do evil, for evil doers will be cut off, but you shall inherit the kingdom"

that is how i take the verse, nothing to say loving monogomous homosexual couples will be cut off

CMIYC

I think you are mislead in this scripture. Please take your time to read the repentance of a man for his act and not endorsement by god.

Psalm 38

1O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

2For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.

3There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

4For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

5My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

6I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.

7For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

8I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

9Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

10My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

11My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.

12They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.

13But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

14Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.

15For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

16For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.

17For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

18For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

19But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.

20They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.

21Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.

22Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

This is a continuations so take extra time to understand

Psalm 39

1I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

2I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

3My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

4LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.

5Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.

6Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.

7And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

8Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.

9I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.

10Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.

11When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

12Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

13O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
CMIYC said:
I think you are mislead in this scripture. Please take your time to read the repentance of a man for his act and not endorsement by god.

Psalm 38

1O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

2For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.

3There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

4For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

5My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

6I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.

7For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

8I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

9Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

10My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

11My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.

12They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.

13But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

14Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.

15For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

16For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.

17For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

18For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

19But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.

20They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.

21Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.

22Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

This is a continuations so take extra time to understand

Psalm 39

1I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

2I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

3My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

4LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.

5Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.

6Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.

7And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

8Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.

9I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.

10Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.

11When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

12Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

13O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.
to be honest im having trouble understanding this verse

from what i can tell, this is a man who is struggling under his sins

i am not struggling under this sin simply because it is not a sin

i used to struggle with a lot of guilt from this issue, but i have been lifted from that guilt by god, not changed to live a different lifestyle

CMIYC

So what you are saying, “yes I’m a sinner but unrepentant, so god take me as I am or not at all!” “because, my life to me as a homosexual is more important then your word and your grace” I can understand that.

Amen