• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture sharing from Your Sacred Text

Viker

Häxan
More from my notes:

Before anyone or anything reaches The Light, they must and will pass through The Darkness. Fear ye not. They come together as One.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Meher Baba "How to Love God"

To love God in the most practical way is to love our fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.

If, instead of seeing faults in others, we look within ourselves, we are loving God.

If, instead of robbing others to help ourselves, we rob ourselves to help others, we are loving God.

If we suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others, we are loving God.

If, instead of worrying over our own misfortunes, we think ourselves more fortunate than many many others, we are loving God.

If we endure our lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will, we are loving God.

If we understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings, we are loving God.

To love God as He ought to be loved, we must live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as our own self.
These are superb!
Thought I was reading the Christian Greek Scriptures!

They should be followed without any stipulation, transcending all barriers...geographic, cultural, or race!

Thanks for posting these.

Sundance

Premium Member
Hmmmmm...my favorite passages from the Stoic Writings? I’ve got a couple:

“Everything harmonizes with me, which is harmonious to thee, O Universe. Nothing for me is too early or too late, which is in due time for thee. There is one light of the sun, though it is interrupted by walls, mountains and infinite other things. There is one common substance, though it is distributed among countless bodies which have their several qualities. There is one soul, though it is distributed among several natures and individual limitations. There is one intelligent soul, though it seems to be divided.”

(The Meditations XII.30)

“Remember that man lives only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of his life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed. Short, therefore, is man's life, and narrow is the corner of the earth wherein he dwells.”
(The Meditations III.10)

“Upon all occasions we ought to have these maxims ready at hand:

Conduct me, Jove, and you, O Destiny,

Wherever your decrees have fixed my station. ~ Cleanthes.

I follow cheerfully; and, did I not,
Wicked and wretched, I must follow still
Whoever yields properly to Fate, is deemed
Wise among men, and knows the laws of heaven. ~ Euripides, Frag. 965.

And this third: O Crito, if it thus pleases the gods, thus let it be. Anytus and Melitus may kill me indeed, but hurt me they cannot. ~ Socrates in Plato's Crito and Apology. ”
(The Enchiridion of Epictetus 52)

Last edited:

Sundance

Premium Member
This portion of a fourth passage – which is my absolute favorite – comes from Seneca the Younger’s Moral Letters to Lucilius:

“You are doing an excellent thing, one which will be wholesome for you, if, as you write me, you are persisting in your effort to attain sound understanding; it is foolish to pray for this when you can acquire it from yourself. We do not need to uplift our hands towards heaven, or to beg the keeper of a temple to let us approach his idol's ear, as if in this way our prayers were more likely to be heard. God is near you, he is with you, he is within you. This is what I mean, Lucilius: a holy spirit indwells within us, one who marks our good and bad deeds, and is our guardian. As we treat this spirit, so are we treated by it. Indeed, no man can be good without the help of God. Can one rise superior to fortune unless God helps him to rise? He it is that gives noble and upright counsel. In each good man, a god doth dwell, but what god know we not.”
(Letter XLI)

TheStoicLife.org - XLI. ON The God Within Us

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One of the best teachings i have found in Sufism is this one.

The Prophet of Islam said, "Whosoever knows his self, knows his Lord"; that is, self-knowledge leads to knowledge of the Divine.

Sufism takes this saying (J:radlth) very seriously and also puts it into practice. It provides, within the spiritual universe of the Islamic tradition, the light necessary to illuminate the dark corners of our soul and the keys to open the doors to the hidden recesses of our being so that we can journey within and know ourselves, this knowledge leading ultimately to the knowledge of God, who resides in our heart/ center.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Contrition prayer,

I place not my share under the strong arm of a man,
For my Lord
[or Lady] is my protector.
Heru
[or name of other God] Who knows compassion,
Who hearkens to one who calls to Him.
Though the servant is disposed to do evil,
The God is disposed to forgive.
The God spends not a whole day in anger;
His wrath passes in a moment, none remains.
His breath comes back to us in mercy, returns upon His breeze.
May Your Ka be kind, may You forgive,
It shall not happen again.

Last edited:

Shakeel

One of the best teachings i have found in Sufism is this one.

The Prophet of Islam said, "Whosoever knows his self, knows his Lord"; that is, self-knowledge leads to knowledge of the Divine.

Sufism takes this saying (J:radlth) very seriously and also puts it into practice. It provides, within the spiritual universe of the Islamic tradition, the light necessary to illuminate the dark corners of our soul and the keys to open the doors to the hidden recesses of our being so that we can journey within and know ourselves, this knowledge leading ultimately to the knowledge of God, who resides in our heart/ center.
That's a fabrication. Those words are from Yahya ibn Mu’adh Al-Razi.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's a fabrication. Those words are from Yahya ibn Mu’adh Al-Razi.
Yahya ibn Mu’adh Al-Razi.was a sufi so to me it is a very good lesson to listen to him, if you do not like sufi teaching that is not a problem for me. You are free to have your views and understanding,

Shakeel

Yahya ibn Mu’adh Al-Razi.was a sufi so to me it is a very good lesson to listen to him, if you do not like sufi teaching that is not a problem for me. You are free to have your views and understanding,
Focus, please. You said it was said by the Prophet. That is false. That is a fabrication.

Do you understand the seriousness of fabricating hadiths?

Be very careful who you attribute words to. Also, note down from where you copied the fabrication from and know that that source published a fabrication.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Focus, please. You said it was said by the Prophet. That is false. That is a fabrication.

Do you understand the seriousness of fabricating hadiths?

Be very careful who you attribute words to. Also, note down from where you copied the fabrication from and know that that source published a fabrication.
So you become my boss in RF, you deside what i am allowed to say and what is making me a false person?