• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture sharing from Your Sacred Text

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
From the Teaching of Ani,

Pray by yourself with a loving heart,
Whose every word is hidden.
He will grant your needs,
He will hear your words,
He will accept your offerings.

Do not reveal your heart to a stranger,
He might use your words against you;
The noxious speech that came from your mouth,
He repeats it and you make enemies.
A man may be ruined by his tongue,
Beware and you will do well.

Don't rush to attack your attacker,
Leave him to the God;
Report him daily to the God,
Tomorrow being like today,
And you will see what the God does,
When he injures him who injured you.

From the Teaching of Ptahotep,

Cause not fear among men; for this the God punisheth likewise.

Correct chiefly; instruct conformably therewith. Vice must be drawn out, that virtue may remain. Nor is this a matter of misfortune, for one that is a gainsayer becometh a strife-maker.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Tao Te Ching

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
The named is the mother of ten thousand things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations.
These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
this appears as darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gate to all mystery.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 1

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meher Baba "How to Love God"

To love God in the most practical way is to love our fellow beings. If we feel for others in the same way as we feel for our own dear ones, we love God.

If, instead of seeing faults in others, we look within ourselves, we are loving God.

If, instead of robbing others to help ourselves, we rob ourselves to help others, we are loving God.

If we suffer in the sufferings of others and feel happy in the happiness of others, we are loving God.

If, instead of worrying over our own misfortunes, we think ourselves more fortunate than many many others, we are loving God.

If we endure our lot with patience and contentment, accepting it as His Will, we are loving God.

If we understand and feel that the greatest act of devotion and worship to God is not to hurt or harm any of His beings, we are loving God.

To love God as He ought to be loved, we must live for God and die for God, knowing that the goal of life is to Love God, and find Him as our own self.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I'm not sure I'd call it scripture, but one of my favorite quotes comes from the Havamal, stanza 77:

"Cattle die, kindred die,
we ourselves also die;
but I know one thing that never dies, -
judgement on each one dead."

Keep in mind that at this time, cattle was associated with wealth, and the judgement referred to here isn't eternal judgement, but judgement from the living. A modern interpretation might read something more like this...

"Wealth dies, family dies;
We ourselves must also die;
But I know one thing that never dies, -
The way we are remembered by those we leave behind."

I'd go one step further and even infer that this rememberance is tied intrinsically with the consequences of our actions when we were alive... The wake of the ripples we made in life.

What we do matters.

RestlessSoul

Revelation 21: 4-6

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
From the Teaching of Ke'gemni,

The cautious man flourishes, the exact one is praised; the innermost chamber opens to the man of silence. Wide is the seat of the man gentle of speech; but knives are prepared against one who forces a path, that he advance not, save in due season.

Be not haughty because of thy might in the midst of thy young soldiers. Beware of making strife, for one knows not the things that the God will do when He punishes.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you have a Sacred Text? What are your favorite Scripture verses/quotes? Share here!
It is difficult to cite my favorites because I have so many favorites, both from the Bible and from the Baha’i scriptures. Below is are some verses from each along some themes that I believe are of the utmost importance – faith, seeking God, denial of self, detachment from the world, where our treasures are, reliance upon of God, and heaven. Please note how Jesus and Baha’u’llah are saying essentially the same things, since these are eternal spiritual truths.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

“If God had pleased He had surely made all men one people.” His purpose, however, is to enable the pure in spirit and the detached in heart to ascend, by virtue of their own innate powers, unto the shores of the Most Great Ocean, that thereby they who seek the Beauty of the All-Glorious may be distinguished and separated from the wayward and perverse. Thus hath it been ordained by the all-glorious and resplendent Pen… ” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 71

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

“Say: Deliver your souls, O people, from the bondage of self, and purify them from all attachment to anything besides Me. Remembrance of Me cleanseth all things from defilement, could ye but perceive it. Say: Were all created things to be entirely divested of the veil of worldly vanity and desire, the Hand of God would in this Day clothe them, one and all, with the robe “He doeth whatsoever He willeth in the kingdom of creation,” that thereby the sign of His sovereignty might be manifested in all things. Exalted then be He, the Sovereign Lord of all, the Almighty, the Supreme Protector, the All-Glorious, the Most Powerful.”
Gleanings, pp. 294-295

John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

“The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion.” Gleanings, pp. 328-329

Matthew 6:19-21 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The peoples of the world are fast asleep. Were they to wake from their slumber, they would hasten with eagerness unto God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. They would cast away everything they possess, be it all the treasures of the earth, that their Lord may remember them to the extent of addressing to them but one word.” Gleanings, p. 137

“Place not thy reliance on thy treasures. Put thy whole confidence in the grace of God, thy Lord. Let Him be thy trust in whatever thou doest, and be of them that have submitted themselves to His Will. Let Him be thy helper and enrich thyself with His treasures, for with Him are the treasuries of the heavens and of the earth.” Gleanings, pp.234-235

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

“For every one of you his paramount duty is to choose for himself that on which no other may infringe and none usurp from him. Such a thing—and to this the Almighty is My witness—is the love of God, could ye but perceive it.

Build ye for yourselves such houses as the rain and floods can never destroy, which shall protect you from the changes and chances of this life. This is the instruction of Him Whom the world hath wronged and forsaken.” Gleanings, p. 261

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings, p. 329

Viker

Häxan
Be ye strong little child
Raise this light above thy heart
Remember who you are
From where you came
May be where you return
Don't fear the dark
Don't fear the cold
I gave you the fire
I give you the key
To unlock the fetters
Be ye strong little one
Stand on your own!
Take charge!

-Message received during meditation and invocation with Lucifer

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
[1Sa 2:4 NIV] 4 "The bows of the warriors are broken, but those who stumbled are armed with strength.

[2Ti 1:7 KJV] 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Heyo

Veteran Member
>>The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.”<<

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

maxresdefaultjpg.jpeg

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Nice, but in reality it does not matter. ;)

In 500 years? Not really. :D Not unless I become mythologized, though I suppose Sigurd the myth might not evolve in the way that Sigurd the person would like to intend. I wonder how people in history, such as Martin Luther, would react if they had known that their actions would result in the Christianity we see today in the USA? More than that, I wonder how he'd feel knowing that those Christians would come away with a longing for the older ways of Christianity, their kinship with Israel, and even Judaism to the point where an entire denomination would try and revert back into Judaism (Messianic Judaism). After all, the guy did write "On the Jews and Their Lies."

I guess I'm more concerned with the consequences of my actions in life rather than the remembrance of my actions, though, I hope I am remembered well by those with living memory of me when I do go. :)

Viker

Häxan
Just some excerpts from my notes.

Sometimes it is best to hold one's tongue, as not to trample it or worse yet...lose it.

No one owns witchcraft. It is it's own thing, universal. An old methodology.

Too many separate mind, body and soul. When you realize they are one thing, you are well on your way.