• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture of The Day: 41

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In My Opinion:

Romans 1:20
Good News Translation

20 Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!

So, according to this the handiwork of God is evident throughout the natural world

To see nature is to see God

To see creation is to see the creator

That there is an intelligent designer is self-evident!

So, to not see God when you look at nature is to be ignorant, and there's really no excuse!

Obviously this was written before there was such a thing as a scientific world-view!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, to not see God when you look at nature is to be ignorant, and there's really no excuse!

How does this help your spiritual growth to see others as ignorant and without excuse when not gaining the same perspective and insight that you do?

What's the spiritual lesson in seeing other people's perceived ignorance of one's god?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
In My Opinion:

Romans 1:20
Good News Translation

20 Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!

So, according to this the handiwork of God is evident throughout the natural world

To see nature is to see God

To see creation is to see the creator

That there is an intelligent designer is self-evident!

Obviously this was written before there was such a thing as a scientific world-view!

Nature is full of people, some of those see God in the details some of those people don't, love your neighbor as yourself as part of God's perfect plan.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
How does this help your spiritual growth to see others as ignorant and without excuse when not gaining the same perspective and insight that you do?

What's the spiritual lesson in seeing other people's perceived ignorance of one's god?
In that line I was paraphrasing the scripture, not stating my own opinions

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Do you believe in what you paraphrased?
I think that God created nature, yes

But only very indirectly, I don't believe he designed every type of tree or animal, for instance

I think he created it through natural processes, through nature

And that we can understand and know about these things through science

So yes, I believe God did it. But only indirectly

And I don't actually think that all the complexity etc. necessitates a creator, I can imagine a Godless view of how nature came to be so no, I don't think that to look at nature is to see God's handiwork