• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture of The Day: 34

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In my opinion:

1 John 5:3

New International Version

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

God loves us

To reciprocate this love, we can keep his commands. This will make him happy

And he doesn't ask much from us, his commands are not unreasonable and shouldn't be too much bother

His greatest command to us is for us to love other humans - I don't think this is asking too much of anyone

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
He that loves knows God. He that does not love, knows not God for God is love!

Kenny

Premium Member
In my opinion:

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

God loves us

And he doesn't ask much from us, his commands are not unreasonable and shouldn't be too much bother

His greatest command to us is for us to love other humans - I don't think this is asking too much of anyone
Eddi, I truly am amazed at your transformation. You have a wealth of scripture written on the tablets of your heart. You humbled yourself, and God lifted you up!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

1 John 5:3 New International Version
God loves us

Good point ^ above ^ because of Jesus reply found at John 14:23 that love and observe are connected.
I like the commands or requirements as found at Micah 6:8 be just, love mercy, walk humbly with God .
Also, to have self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has should Not be a burden.
Under the Constitution of the Mosaic law they were to love neighbor as self - Golden Rule - Leviticus 19:18
Whereas, under Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 is Now to love neighbor MORE than self.
We can help neighbor 'spiritually' by taking the good news message of Daniel 2:44 to them as Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
In my opinion:

God loves us

Love God with all your heart all your mind and all your soul, all that remains is God's will allowing us to love our neighbor as ourself as part of God's perfect plan, different as we all may be. :)

Kenny

Premium Member
Good point ^ above ^ because of Jesus reply found at John 14:23 that love and observe are connected.
I like the commands or requirements as found at Micah 6:8 be just, love mercy, walk humbly with God .
Also, to have self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has should Not be a burden.
Under the Constitution of the Mosaic law they were to love neighbor as self - Golden Rule - Leviticus 19:18
Whereas, under Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-35 is Now to love neighbor MORE than self.
We can help neighbor 'spiritually' by taking the good news message of Daniel 2:44 to them as Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

This is soooo good! Your differentiating between the Mosaic Law and the new commandment of Jesus was terrific. I had never seen that before

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Love God with all your heart all your mind and all your soul, all that remains is God's will allowing us to love our neighbor as ourself as part of God's perfect plan, different as we all may be. :)
Jesus even went beyond the Constitution of the Mosaic Law's Golden Rule (Leviticus 19:18) to give us a NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
Thus, we are to NOW love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule but to love as Jesus loved. He loved us to death.